Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Leading Our Youth >

Leading Our Youth

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leading Our Youth

Old 10-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leading Our Youth

As most of us veteran hunters are all hunting now.... I just want to make shout out to all of our youth and new hunters!!!!!!! "Any ethical harvest no matter the size of rack is a great accomplishment to you and our great treasure of bowhunting" "Cherish every moment you get to spend in the great outdoors"

My greatest wishes and prayers for safety go out to all our younger hunters and to all hunters. Creation has truely given us a magnificant gift, treat her and her animals with the utmost respect and good luck! I tip my hat to anyone helping a youngster or new hunter!

Shed
Old 10-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Leading Our Youth

Well said.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leading Our Youth

Thanks shed. I have to agree with you. I have kind of a neat story about my son (16). He has been talking nothing but bow hunting for the last year. Because of this he has been able to get 5 other juniors and seniors from his school involved in archery. One has already taken his first deer ever with a bow. The others are really putting in the time on stand. They are all in the earn-a-buck zone here in WI including my son. He got his doe on the second day of the season. I am just real proud of the way he has represented the sport.

If ANYONE has a way of talking to high school kids about archery DO IT. These young men and women are very eager to try things like this and we all know how addicting archery can be. If you have an old bow that still works and can part with, either selling it or lending it to some of these kids can be such a rewarding feeling.

Many times in this world we only hear about the bad kids and think all are like that. The good by far out number the bad. Our future will be in good hands if we can get this kids involved.