HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leading Our Youth
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 04:35 PM
wihunter402
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leading Our Youth

Thanks shed. I have to agree with you. I have kind of a neat story about my son (16). He has been talking nothing but bow hunting for the last year. Because of this he has been able to get 5 other juniors and seniors from his school involved in archery. One has already taken his first deer ever with a bow. The others are really putting in the time on stand. They are all in the earn-a-buck zone here in WI including my son. He got his doe on the second day of the season. I am just real proud of the way he has represented the sport.

If ANYONE has a way of talking to high school kids about archery DO IT. These young men and women are very eager to try things like this and we all know how addicting archery can be. If you have an old bow that still works and can part with, either selling it or lending it to some of these kids can be such a rewarding feeling.

Many times in this world we only hear about the bad kids and think all are like that. The good by far out number the bad. Our future will be in good hands if we can get this kids involved.