Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Bowhunters >

Minnesota Bowhunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Bowhunters

Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Spike

Default Minnesota Bowhunters

Are there any Minnesota hunters out there that have found and rubs or scrapes? I have seen a few scrapes but it is under there licking branches. What are the biggest deer that you have seen this year?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Minnesota Bowhunters

There are a few rubs showing up. And very few scrapes. The last few days the deer have been moving. Many guys I know seeing action. With this weather change now I believe its going to get even better as far as seeing them earlier before dark.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't seen anything yet, but then agian we never do until about October 10. Every year give or take a couple days. By October 20-23 usually the woods is torn to shreds! Its about the same every year. Right now you can still spot a couple old scrapes from last year, but nothing new!

Good Luck!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 PM

I was in the northeast part of the state last week. I saw a couple of rubs and no scrapes. Very limited daytime deer movement where I was hunting-atleast from the bucks.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Just got out tonight for the first time this year, didn't see any scrapes or rubs...saw a couple decent 6ers, was just about to draw on one but he looked back as I was getting ready. Then on the way out we saw a real nice 8-10 Point looking at us, I am guessing about a 16" spread on it, he was about 60-80 yards away though so no chance at a shot on him, definately getting back to that spot this weekend, so hopefully one of us takes him and we will get pictures.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:49 AM

I live in s.e. mn and i just started finding some scrapes and some rubs this past weekend. I went out monday after work and made a couple mock scrapes, i have never made any before so i wasn't really expecting anything, went out yesterday afternoon and they were both tore up with some fresh rubs around them, after seeing that i ran home and got the trail cam, hope to have some pics soon. Good hunting.

Tom
Old 09-29-2004, 08:15 AM

I haven't seen any rubs and scrapes up to this point. They might be there and I'm just not seeing them. I try and only go straight to my stand and straight out afterwards. So there might be stuff around me that I don't know of. I haven't been seeing much moving lately, but that moon and the heat are probably keeping them moving very early or pretty late. This weekend should be a lot better except for the dang wind on Sat. I'm going out tomorrow night before the big weather front comes and and Sunday morn after a very windy Sat for sure. Both should be good for deer movement. Good luck to you all!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

haven't seen any scrapes or rubs yet on my property. Still seeing groups of bucks though. Have had 2 8's and a 12 pt hanging together for the past few weeks. Had the 12 pt broadside at 15 yds opening day. Head/neck and rump in the clear, vitals behind a tree. Eventually turned and walked away. Got the heart pumping though.Taz
Old 09-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen a half dozen rubs but no scrapes and i've been watching a couple BIG bucks on the neighbors field most of the summer but haven't seen them since hunting started.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:00 PM

I've seen a couple of small rubs, but no scrapes. The biggest buck I've seen is a 140 or 150 inch ten point and I have also seen a couple of dandy eight points.