Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Knight & Hale Stealth Dust >

Knight & Hale Stealth Dust

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Knight & Hale Stealth Dust

Old 09-23-2004, 05:23 PM

Default Knight & Hale Stealth Dust

Has anyone used this product before? I guy recommened it to me at Bass Pro and I purchased it about 2 months ago. But I have not heard of anyone else using it. I am thinking about going back and getting some Scent Killer Autumn since alot of people swear by that... Any reviews on either would be great.. Thanks & Happy Hunting!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:24 PM

Default RE: Knight & Hale Stealth Dust

Why not try it. It might be a new product that everyone hasn't heard of. If it dosn't work go get scent killer.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:42 PM

You can use baking soda,it is alot cheaper,also can make your own scent killer for pennies on the dollar.See some past threads.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:12 PM

udhorky,
I used it last bow season with pretty good results. I don't know if it had to do with the Stealth dust or the wind being in my favor, but I shot a 6pt last year at a distance of 12 yards. In the hot SC early bow season opener on August 15th (it was still 93 degrees at 7:30pm when I shot him), scent control is almost impossible. The dust helps to dry up some of the sweat, I found. I would take off my shirt and dust down my torso then dust my hat and mask. I would then apply it to my hands to dry them off to prevent my bow from slipping. Like I said, it seems to work...
Old 09-24-2004, 08:24 PM

I bought it last year to use early season instead of the spray. Let me just warn you. IT MADE MY SCALP ITCH LIKE I HAD LICE!! I patted it on my hair one time because I had sweated a bunch getting to my stand. Never again. I still use it to pat down on my pants, my pits and boots when it's hot. Don't have any idea if it works or not. No way to tell.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Spike

I have used stealth dust and it works nothings fool proof but from my experience I have had many deer come from down wind and not even spook.there are other ways to make scent destroyers and the stealth dust is not just baking soda maybe some is added it could be bentonite clay powder or arrowroot powder not sure the colors of the two these two powders do absorb odors and moisture zeolite powder is something to think about as well.I wish I could find some stealth dust but hard to locate.this would be my option if not successful with stealth dust probably any of the three mentioned would work with baking soda I thought about adding a very small amount of activated carbon to the mix I have some from carbon synergy but found it to be a bit messy if anyone reads my reply to this post let me know what y'all think thanks