Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Never thought I'd stray away from Hoyt... >

Never thought I'd stray away from Hoyt...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Never thought I'd stray away from Hoyt...

Old 03-29-2017, 01:49 AM
Spike

Default Never thought I'd stray away from Hoyt...

I couldn't help myself...ebay is an addiction. I bought a Bowtech Diamond "The Rock" on Ebay for $112. It's a 2012 and for me, a great find being as how I'm left handed.

I've been shooting Hoyt since the 90's. In fact, I still have my first Hoyt Raptor.

I must say that so far, I'm impressed by this bow. I originally bought it cheap thinking I'd re-sell it for a nice little profit, but now I think I may give it a shot this year. It came with some "junk" sights and a crummy stabilizer, and no quiver, but I have some good stuff on order and on the way. I'll post pictures when I finish setting it all up...
Old 04-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought the Rock was a Kids bow. Its a nice bow. I bought one for my son when he was just starting out age 13
Old 04-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Spike

No, it's a full size. Not bad for the price
Old 04-04-2017, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gee:

I never spent a dime on a Hoyt or a bowtech. Nothing for me to lose.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never spent a dime on a Hoyt or a bowtech. Nothing for me to lose.
What do you shoot? I have a Mathews that I bought used, many years ago. My son has a Diamond Infinite Edge. I like both of them.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 AM
Spike

I prefer to shoot with Diamond bow
Old 05-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Funny that you mentioned still having a Hoyt Raptor. I still have mine too. Matter of fact, I took a big fat doe with it last year. Unlike the old man and my sister, I don't get all that heavily into archery. The old man would buy a new bow every 2 or 3 years and Deb gets a new one about as much. But they each probably shot more in a month than most everyone else does in a lifetime. Towards the end of summer I'll go out back and shoot 40 or 50 a night for a couple of months to get honed up for archery season whereas they would shoot 300-400 every other afternoon all year long. We gave Deb all of the old man's bows except for his new Bowtech which she told me to keep since it fit me better than her. I have to admit, shooting that thing after shooting that old Hoyt was like going from Pinto to an Arabian. 60 feet per second difference may not sound like a whole lot but it sure does make a hell of a difference.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:05 AM
Bartender

I strayed too and got myself a Diamond ICEMAN FlX and have never went back.
Originally Posted by hunterdave1277
I couldn't help myself...ebay is an addiction. I bought a Bowtech Diamond "The Rock" on Ebay for $112. It's a 2012 and for me, a great find being as how I'm left handed.

I've been shooting Hoyt since the 90's. In fact, I still have my first Hoyt Raptor.

I must say that so far, I'm impressed by this bow. I originally bought it cheap thinking I'd re-sell it for a nice little profit, but now I think I may give it a shot this year. It came with some "junk" sights and a crummy stabilizer, and no quiver, but I have some good stuff on order and on the way. I'll post pictures when I finish setting it all up...
Old 07-10-2017, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably doesn't mean much to others but I never liked the looks of the Hoyt bows, looked too much like a bunch of twisted re-bar...lol But then again, looks don't kill deer.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:00 AM
Spike

I know this is an old post but I have been a Hoyt guy for years and I do have a Hoyt Nitrum now. I also said I would never buy a Mathews because I get tired of there advertisements. However I went to three different shops to buy a new back up bow and all I did was draw and shoot. I did not want to know brand while shooting. I told myself I was going to buy whatever bow felt the best and at all three shops I picked the Mathews HTR. I am currently hunting with this bow and my Nitrum is the back up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.