Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio Hunters

Old 09-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ohio Hunters

Where are some good areas to hunt in Ohio? County or nearest city would be fine. A close friend of mine just move to Ohio after returning from Iraq and a near fatal incident. Upon returning home, he was then faced with a divorce and moved in with his mother about 20 minutes from Toledo. He really wants to get back into bow hunting, even if it means having to use a croosbow he says....lol Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated on his behalf. Thank you.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:47 AM

Default RE: Ohio Hunters

Rattlesnake- I am not sure about places in the Toledo area. You may tell him to get on the Ohio DNR website. www.OHDNR.com I think. It will give him public places to hunt near him. Tell him thanks for defending our freedom!!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:51 AM

The website is www.dnr.state.oh.us. Good luck!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Go to http://www.totalsportsman.com/forum/default.asp and look up TDunlap (give him a shout-out in the community forum). He is from that area and would have some good info.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:56 PM

I don't give out my hunting areas,
No, but actually the Ohio dnr officer for my county (Highland) suggested the whole southern half of the state, but, by all means the deer are everywhere.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys, I'll get him pointed to the web addy. He used to hunt the Adirondak Mtns area of New York, until the divorce. He was a gunner in a humvee for the 105th MP company, and it flipped over upside down in a canal. He had to have shoulder surgery and now is having a hard time pulling a bow back, but he's hoping to hunt next year. I appreciate your suggestions, and if he gets one next year, I'll be sure to relay the story.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live just outside of Genoa Ohio. Some places local are Maumee state forest , by Whitehouse
Lake La Su An wildlife area neer Monpealer
Killdeer Plains neer Upper Sandusky
These and others are ok for bow hunting but can be over run during gun season. The best bet for good bow hunting is to either nock on doors for local privite land or head for south east ohio Ohio hunting lands maps is a place to look .
Good luck
Old 09-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that northwestern Ohio can be an up and down place for deer. Do not get me wrong there are deer there but he may consider moving a little east like northeast Ohio. If he has any questions about that area feel free to drop me a line. Hey hunting is meant to be shared and I would be happy to show him some places. Rob