Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got busted last night PART II, not tonight!!!! >

Got busted last night PART II, not tonight!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got busted last night PART II, not tonight!!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 10:38 AM

Default RE: Got busted last night PART II, not tonight!!!!

Fieldmouse, I'm not getting busted personnaly, it's my trail on the way in, my boots must be leaving something on the ground. I'm planning on scrubbing them down with baking soda/water and leaving them outside. I leave them in the garage but they must have some dog smell or something on there that I'm not getting off with the scent away. I also grind my boots in a mud puddle or stream on the way in, something's fishy. There is a hole in the side of one where I cut it last year, I'm wondering if maybe as I step I'm pushing some sweaty sock funk out on to the ground.

Adams, thanks for the praise but I was hunting a totally different area, this isn't the doe that busted me. I wanted to stay out of that area for a while but I'll be back. My score will go up!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:41 AM

Fieldmouse, another thing about stand height, this stand is on an oak tree about 15 ft. up, reason is there is a big holly tree right next to it that is about 16 ft. high. My whole body is covered by the holly and I can shoot over it in to my shooting lanes.

Also, I didn't hear her coming in, she just appeared there on my right side. Got lucky on this one but like louddrummer said it's hunting not killing.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yippy
Old 09-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Ah yes, I love those holly trees in your area. I would still be concern with your height but good luck. I hope you drag out the big one.

Next time before you go down the trail rub your shoes in deer sh*t. This will help more then a mud puddle. Before you climb make sure you get it all off. Last thing you need is sh*t falling from your boots as your setting up for the kill.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats

Now where is the pic
Old 09-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Solax--we're following last year's pattern again! Last year, you started out with your buck and I got mine the next day. This year, I was slightly ahead of you though, cause I got my doe in the morning. Only deer I saw and I made a good 30 yard shot that allowed her to make it 40 yards before crashing. Congrats!
Old 09-22-2004, 11:54 AM

Dave, congrats to you as well. I remember those back to back bucks, we should start hunting together, we have the same patterns. Now when you take a big buck call me right away so I can get in my stand that way I know I'll get a big one.

Fieldmouse, the holly trees here are re-damn-diculous. The laurel and holly are everywhere, can't see 20 yds. I call it the comedy forests (Laurel and Holly, instead of Hardy) anyway, I've found that you can hide your body if you get between the tree your stand is in and a holly, it's worked out pretty well. I was playing the wind last night (so I thought) so height wasn't supposed to be a factor to my smell.