Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just sent another email to Stealth game cams.... >

Just sent another email to Stealth game cams....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just sent another email to Stealth game cams....

Old 09-20-2004, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Just sent another email to Stealth game cams....

My replacement was a brand new camera. It makes you wonder how many pics you missed..................

I'm not using cheap batteries....duracell and energizer.......

It will be on Ebay shortly......
Old 10-03-2004, 12:47 AM

I too bought a Stealth Cam 3.0 digital and I couldn't get 4 days out of it without the batteries dying, so I called Stealth and they said to ship it back and they would replace it but it would take 3 weeks! So I shipped the cam back and I decided to buy a Cuddeback from Cabela's so I would have a cam for Oct. Well the Cuddeback arrived and I set it out for two days and when I went to check it it said "picture" on the screen so I waited and waited and waited (well over ten minutes) until it went into "cam busy" then I waited and waited (over five minutes) before the screen went blank! I called Cuddeback and they said something was wrong and to ship it back to them (they said at least 3 weeks too)! So I decided to ship it back to Cabela's and get a refund (they are out of stock until mid Oct.) and purchase another on-line. Then I recieve a package from Stealth (about 1 week since I sent my cam to them) and I can't wait to open it and get a cam into the woods. Well when I open the box I find the "replacement" cam is a 1.5 meg (not the 3.0 I sent in)!!!! I am starting to get the feeling that I am not meant to have a cam!!!!
Old 10-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a stealth cam a couple weeks ago, and it would not take pic's. It would count them up, and everything, but no pic's on the film. I lost 4 rolls of film, and said ta-hell with this, and I went back to wal mart. I traded the stealth cam in, and picked up the moultrie game cam for $30 more then the stealth. After three days, I had 34 encounters, and got the film developed.....whooooo whoooo it finally works. LOL. I am actually planning on putting up the pic's today that the moultrie game cam took.

But for the money, the moultrie cam is twice the product the stealth cam is. The moultrie cam comes with a camera that you can take out of the box and use as a regular 35mm camera, or leave in the case as your trail cam. It comes with a roll of film, and batteries. The case is camo, and comes with a lock to keep the camera from being stolen. And the moultrie cam takes good clear pic's.

Definetly pleased with the Moultrie Game Cam, and disgusted with the STealthCAm.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:51 AM

Check out the new Leaf River digital cam that just came out in Cabela's and Jesse's hunting and outdoors carry's them too.....see reviews and pics on the realtree outdoor forums.......I just got one and love it.....comes with a LCD picture viewing screen and its $50 less than the cuddeback of which I owned for a few days (nice cam) but like the Leaf more.....lots of nice features and easy to use.......check it out....>>>>
Old 10-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You must be having some bad luck. I got a StealthCam, have had the same batteries in it for over a week, and they're still good. The "low batt" light hasn't come on yet. I've gotten good deer pictures so far with it also. I'm on the 2nd roll of film for the camera, and have taken 8 on that roll, on the same set of batteries, and the dates and time on the camera are working...

Sucks for you though...might buy a more expensive one like others suggested...or wait til you get a good StealthCam like others of us.