Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stand and Kwickee Quiver question.. >

Stand and Kwickee Quiver question..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand and Kwickee Quiver question..

Old 09-15-2004, 08:47 AM

Default Stand and Kwickee Quiver question..

Those of you that use a detachable Kwickee Quiver, how do you attach an extra base to your stand? I have a Summit Mini Viper that I would like to mount a Kwickee Quiver mounting base to. Pictures of that kind of setup would be greatly apprecitated!!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stand and Kwickee Quiver question..

I just loop my fannypack belt through it and then I can hang it a. around the trunk of the tree b. on a branch or tree step c. keep it on my side like a hip quiver. I've been looking for a better all around sytem for 4 years,but this has worked better than anything I've found.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

I just gathered opinions on this and got alot of suggestions for JB Weld. I used a Dremel with a sanding drum to remove the powder coat from the right front rail. I roughed up the aluminum with the drum and roughed up the back of the bracket itself. Then I used JB Weld to affix it. The bracket is oriented to positon the quiver parallel to the front right rail and the arrow fletching is toward the rear of the stand. It seems to hold very well after letting it cure for 48 hours.

As an impromptu test, I assembled the stand for storage and inadvertantly caught the bracket with the green cinch strap that comes with the stand. Before I realized it, I tightened the strap with both hands as tight as I could. The bracket didn't budge.

I used enough weld so that two little mushroom heads formed up through the screw holes in the bracket. These should help to keep the bracket in place.

BTW: JB Weld is used to fix cracked engine blocks, so if you rough things up sufficiently, I think it'll last through the season.

Good luck,

Fritz
Old 09-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Spike

I got a bit the size of a wood screw shaft and drilled holes on my right bar, top piece. Then screwed the bracket in with a screwdriver so the threads caught and bam!! Been rock solid for three years now. Pop off the quiver from my bow, pop it right on my stand. It's easily reached and out of the way for a shot.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mrfritz44]
BTW: JB Weld is used to fix cracked engine blocks, so if you rough things up sufficiently, I think it'll last through the season.
I don't know who your mechanics is, but I would look into finding a new one.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:09 AM

I have an Alpine quiver.

They make a stand attachment and a hip attachment. I would like to buy both because I don't shoot with the quiver on the bow. I think the stand attachment is about $14 but you need there quiver to use it.

The nice thing about the Alpine quiver systems is that they double as a stabilizer because the connections are actually rubber. No noise taking on or off either.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: whitty

I got a bit the size of a wood screw shaft and drilled holes on my right bar, top piece. Then screwed the bracket in with a screwdriver so the threads caught and bam!! Been rock solid for three years now. Pop off the quiver from my bow, pop it right on my stand. It's easily reached and out of the way for a shot.
I thought about drilling the holes and all but was afraid it might weaken that part of the frame. That downward rail seems to support some weight or tension and I'm afraid it might crack after a while. The JB weld seems to like it would work. Anyone got any pics of their setup?