Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiver Question

Old 07-21-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Quiver Question

Any advice out there on what type or brand of quiver I should use? I shot a compound hoyt raptor w/aluminum arrows.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quiver Question

my favorite for years has been the qwickie quwiver that holds 3 arrows. the others are a bit bulky for me.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:06 PM

Is there something I should make sure to avoid when selecting a quiver?
Old 07-21-2003, 06:32 PM
nub

Besides the quickie?[] Just kidding. I guess it depends of if your going to take it off in a tree stand, or hunt with it on. I' ve had a few of those and think there are better ones available these days. What bow do you shoot? How do you hunt? Check out the alpine soft loc. Might be some made especially for your bow too.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:48 PM

I' ll be hunting Moose in December. I won' t be in a tree stand so I have to carry the arrows with me. My bow is a Hoyt raptor compound set to about 72lbs draw weight. I' ve seen the cheapy quivers at walmart which I suppose would do the job but I have found you often get what you pay for. I wasn' t sure a 3-arrow quiver was right but then again if I don' t hit my target with 3, I need to leave the field and go practise.

In a nutshell, I was just wondering if there are any " key" things I should look for in quiver selection.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2003, 07:41 PM
nub

AK: I' d opt. for at least a 6 arrow quiver. You most likely will be hikeing into some remote bush and sh** happens. It wouldn' t be the first time someone snagged an arrow while in the thick stuff, only to discover one or two are missing or broke. I take 5 with broadheads and a grasshopper for grouse. I' m looking for a flat 6 or 8, 2 piece for my new bowtech I' m moose hunting with this fall. Heres one from hoyt you might try.

I might have to even check them out myself and see if it will adapt to a BT. To me, the tighter it lays on the bow, the less chance its gonna snag a bush at the moment of truth. Just make sure on a 2 piece that after mounting, its not clamping down on your fletches.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

I use the PSE 8 Arrow two piece quiver with the Limbsavers Quiver Insert, on my FX
Old 07-22-2003, 09:15 AM

I have a 2 piece quiver on my bow and it' s been great the past two seasons. But recently I' ve noticed that the bottom portion is getting a little worn out and it doesn' t hold my arrows quite as tight any more. Now there' s a nice loud buzzing sound from the arrows vibrating when I shoot.

I' m thinking of switching to the cat quiver from Rancho Safari this year. I did a search on them on Yahoo yesterday to try to find out a little more about them. The first site I came to wasn' t exactly what I was looking for [] http://www.greysonwolf.com/personal_quiver.php. But then I finally found the Rancho Safari site http://www.ranchosafari.com/. Anyone else use these? Looks like they should be pretty nice.