Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question....about quiver >

Question....about quiver

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question....about quiver

Old 08-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question....about quiver

I just bought a new NEET Hunting quiver and was wondering if you all use the leg strap along with the belt? If I just use the belt will there be any downfalls to the quiver being able to pivot alot? Thanks for your input, Pat
Old 08-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Question....about quiver

Well, I have used a hip quiver for ground hunts, but not the NEET brand. I haven't had any real issues with the quiver assembly pivoting, so long as the belt choosen fits the slot in the quiver properly. Using a belt with insufficeint width did allow my hip quiver to rock back and forth, which is a bit cumbersome when snagged in heavy cover. I'm guessing that the leg strap you speak of would be similar to a gun fighter's holster leg tie off? As long as it wasn't a discomfort issue, I'd likely use it.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

This quiver has a pivot point built in to it....I guess that's why I was asking whether or not to use the leg strap. And yes it is a thigh strap. Thanx
Old 08-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

i use a cat quiver... its really nice. i think the model i have is VI or VII.. its a big backpack with the quiver on the side i take it off when i get to the stand and hang it up next to me. i dont like a bunch of stuff on my bow... thats why i use it.

i think you can fins it for teh cheapest at rabchosafari.com some where like that.