Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails. >

Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

I wish the injured a speedy recovery.

Why anyone would climb without a safety harness is way beyond me. I added a couple of heavy duty rock climbing carabiners to my harness to allow switching between my climbing rope and the strap I attatch to the tree once in my stand.

I'm amazed by guys who drop $50 a week on Skoal, yet balk when it comes to dropping $50 on a harness that might one day save their life.

Safe hunts,

U_R
Old 09-28-2004, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

Part of what you said highdesert wolf was pretty dumb.Part of it true.I wouldn't generalize and call some of us union workers lazy,especially ones like my self that risk our ,lives climbing poles rubber gloving12,000volts for a living, and put youre power lines up in the back yards at 3am in the morning,or aftert a huricane or ice stormYou might piss off a few UNION lineman.No it'sdeeper than that,there is greed all the way around.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like davidmill said , a linemans belt and harness would have prevented this . Gorila provides both when you buy their stands , and gives video instructions , sumit does the same , I believe , for their chain on stands . I dont think climbers or lader stands are any safer than the rest , a bolt can come out or break on any style stand , thats the motivation behind my tag line .
Old 09-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

But I will say this, thank your local factory unions, for basically forcing manufacturers to go over seas. alot of the problems with our economy is because of unions. there are other problems too like NAFTA. but lazy union workers who have to make 30 dollars an hour or they go on strike are the cause of high manufacturing prices, alot of manufacturers dont want to pay that much so thats why china and taiwan end up makin the stuff.
Really? You mean it has nothing to do with the huge tax breaks they get by moving their operations overseas? Your term "lazy union workers" really shows your ignorance. I imagine your the type who uses one word to describe all black people too. And if you believe that union workers go on strike because "they have to make $30 an hour" your even more ignorant to the real world than I thought.

Down with unions and the dollar will rise
How old are you?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Thank's Bowfanitic, I couldn't have said it any betterIBEW local 196
Old 09-28-2004, 07:50 PM

bummer
Old 09-28-2004, 08:21 PM

Sounds like propaganda to me. Local #1097
Old 09-29-2004, 01:25 AM

The scariest times for me are putting up/taking down stands. Several years back I was taking down a ladder stand, and when I finally got the strap to release, it went backwards on me. Thankfully, I never do this alone and my bud was able to hold it until I pulled myself together and finished the job. Take your time, if possible, don't go solo. Dang, I have to do this again on Saturday

The Trashcanman
Old 09-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Fork Horn

Keep in mind that all this gear and material we use to climb with are pretty much the same as a saftey on a gun..A mechanical device that can fail.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why anyone would climb without a safety harness is way beyond me. I added a couple of heavy duty rock climbing carabiners to my harness to allow switching between my climbing rope and the strap I attatch to the tree once in my stand.
thats a excellent idea, why didnt i ever think of that lol. I think i will do the same.

Quick Reply: Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.