Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails. >

Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

C903,Excelent post and sorry to hear this.It is something that I used to do when I was younger,even when hunting from permanent big homemaid stands it should be considered.Good timing for the post.Bill D>
Old 09-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

I use Summit climbing sticks with the full stirrup. They're American made. For the sake of another tradgedy you've got to find out and tell us the brand name of the failed stick.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:28 PM

This is the very reason I add 2 extra rachet straps to each of my climbing sticks. I don't trust the one rope per section that comes with most climbing sticks plus I can never seam to get them tight enough. When I add the 2 rachet straps to my climbing sticks it makes the ladder rock solid.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-27-2004, 07:46 PM

[:'(]I sure hate those hanging stands. Give me a climber or a ladder stand, even a homemade stand. But those hanging stands are just accidents waiting to happen. And in this poor fellows case it did! Its a shame.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Dominant Buck

That's why I always wear a climbing belt when I'm doing that. On top of that, I usually double strap the top with a ratchet strap to really secure it. Yes the rope broke...or came untied, but with a belt on he'd have stayed to the tree.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's why I always wear a climbing belt when I'm doing that. On top of that, I usually double strap the top with a ratchet strap to really secure it. Yes the rope broke...or came untied, but with a belt on he'd have stayed to the tree.
Glad someone finally pointed out the obvious problem! Equipment malfunction aside , a safety harness would have avoided any serious injury.

I thought I was exempt from using a safety harness due to my homemade stands (private land) with big platforms and side rails.[&:] While doing a little maintainence on one of my stands this summer I had a ladder rung break. Luckily for me it was only the fourth rung up and I only sprained my wrist (besides my ego) from the fall . Guess what I purchased?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

it happens every year, hope this hunter makes a good recovery, just remember guys, take your time, i know i have taken a ride in a climber i won't mention what brand, because it was not a stand/climber problem i had not done my part, and made a foolish decision in the dark, its not worth it, take your time, check equipment, and make sure someone knows where your at
Old 09-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

and make sure someone knows where your at

That right there is just as important as a safety harness!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah the made in china junk........ I'll leave this one alone, But I will say this, thank your local factory unions, for basically forcing manufacturers to go over seas. alot of the problems with our economy is because of unions. there are other problems too like NAFTA. but lazy union workers who have to make 30 dollars an hour or they go on strike are the cause of high manufacturing prices, alot of manufacturers dont want to pay that much so thats why china and taiwan end up makin the stuff. Down with unions and the dollar will rise

Quick Reply: Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.