Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Carbons are starting to shoot bad... >

Carbons are starting to shoot bad...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbons are starting to shoot bad...

Old 09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Carbons are starting to shoot bad...

Well those satellites I got are NOT shooting as well as they were before..

So I'm gonna hunt with my trusty ole Aluminums...
Old 09-10-2004, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Carbons are starting to shoot bad...

I've read on this forum that carbons can loos their spine but I have never seen it with my Gold tips. Some of those arrows I've been shooting for 6 or 7 years and have killed multiple deer with and are still shooting just fine. The only conplaint I had with the gold tips was that they didn't always fit within the advertised specs for straightness.

I sold my old PSE Thunderbolt and the arrows went with it. This year I bought a Bowtech Blackhawk and decided to try a new brand of arrows since I had to buy new arrows anyway. I settled on the carbon express CX series and am happy with them so far. They were all straight within the +/- 0.003 specs and all my muzzies spin wonderfully on them. They fly well too and are close to the Goldtips in terms of weight (8 gr/inch). Maybe you should try the Carbon express arrows if you are used to shooting carbons. I think it would be less of a change to get used to.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot aluminums for 14 yrs.. and just this year, a couple weeks ago, i decided to try carbons..
Old 09-11-2004, 07:22 AM

I just bought a whole new bow and a got a round rest for it and I shoot carbon in it with no problem maybe you need a differnent rest. However my arrows are for 60-70 and since I'm only 14 I can't pull that i use them with a 40 pound that I might put up a little. My carbons are monsterback they are ok and have good power. Since I can loose arrows they are a little cheap, but they work incredible. Anyway, I think you should get a round rest, I don't know the name of it, but it is nice. So to rap this up, I think you need a round rest and some better carbon arrows, you can get carbon arrows like mine at dicks sporting goods, and cabelas. I hope this solved whatever your problem was.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:24 AM

I found out the name of the rest, it's called the whisker biscuit.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Muzzy Zero Effect, I dont need a different rest.. It is one of the best rests out there.. Arguably of course..