Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scored on property >

scored on property

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scored on property

Old 09-03-2004, 11:10 AM

Default scored on property

I picked up 60 acres this morning, and the best part is the guy farms it and has soybeans growing. He said the deer are killing his crops. I told him I could take care of that, so he gave me permission. No one has hunted this property in a long time. He said he has some big bucks walking around the property. I'm can't wait to get out there and hang a stand!
Old 09-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scored on property

Good luck with that property. Sounds like you've found a gem.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:40 AM

Your starting your season on the right note. Kick Mr. Murphy for me while you have him down. He deserves it[:@] Did you already know this guy or did you just "happen" across it just befor the season opener?

Some people have all the luck
Old 09-03-2004, 12:27 PM

Sounds like a good deal. Just remember to respect the owner and his wishes and you should have a nice place for years to come.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:23 PM

I work on traffic signals and this guy came to give us training on a new type of controller. I was wearing a camo hat and asked if I hunt, one thing led to another and now I have permission. He just bought one of those 4x4 golfcarts and said I can use it to haul the deer out. COOL right?
Old 09-03-2004, 02:34 PM

Seems like now you need to have a break come along like that just to have a good place to hunt. Public land, especially around where I live, is so crowded with hunters. Congrats on your score and good luck hunting this year.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I agree its tough to get new and unhunted places. Couldn't believe it this year. Older lady client had a spot right by town. Unhunted for twenty+ years. While looking at the spot to help her find a new tenant, found a dead 7x7, probably died of old age by its appearance. She said the deer were so thick they were hurting the crops. ( I wonder why?) Told her I would find her a tenant but would really like to bow hunt. bingo. Life's good sometimes.