Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about hunting shows? >

Question about hunting shows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about hunting shows?

Old 09-02-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Question about hunting shows?

Why is it in every hunting show I watch they stress cover scent,scent free clothing,scent free soap,and laundry detergant.All of which I practice,Then why do they put such emphasis on being downwind.If there scent free and there trying to sell that dont you think they would want to hunt in the wind to prove it works.I've been hunting scince i was 5 with my dad i'm 34 now.and i never think about wind direction,If im scent free i'm scent free.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Question about hunting shows?

Hate to burst your buble dood.... 1ST of all, there is no such thing as scent free. 2nd, the reason they preach about cover scents and scent eliminator is because they are sponsered by the companys that make the stuff. If a deer gets downwind and gets a good breize directly from you... He smells you, thats the truth. Do what you can to be clean, and attempt to stay down wind.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:29 PM

I know there's no such thing as scent free,and I know about all those sponsers.All I'm saying is If there gonna sponser it and sell it,Just once i'd like to see Jackie in a tree with all his scent eliminator and be hunting with the wind blowing into the field.I mean if your gonna sell it show it.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Spike

If you mean jackie bushman, he always has a scent lok suit on...the two peice and thescent lock mask he takes off after the shot and has the horrible early morning bad hair day
Old 09-02-2004, 06:24 PM

If they hunted downwind they would rarely shoot anything. Thus, the products would be proven to not make you scent-free. That wouldn't be good advertising.