Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question on Hunting Shows >

Question on Hunting Shows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on Hunting Shows

Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Question on Hunting Shows

Does anyone else here get tired of watching these shows? I used to LOVE watching hunting shows. Now I feel like alot of them are canned hunts, I feel like very few shows are DIY and most are through an outfitter. Which can take away from the experience in my opinion. Not saying there's something wrong with useing one though. Now it seems like all the shows are the same thing over and over and over again. With a bunch of endorsements shoved in our face and very few shows actually give tips on how to hunt. All they show is the shot and then show the dead critter and talk about how big it is and yada yada yada. I think the shows are getting boreing for me, but I LOVE to be in the woods hunting!!!! Anyone else out there like this too?

Chief
Old 02-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question on Hunting Shows

There are some shows that I cannot stand to watch. Then there are shows that I'll watch if nothing else is on, but I agree that some are a bit overbearing on the sponsor thing. With some it seems like you get 29 minutes of sponsor endorsement and 1 minute of hunting. Blech. [:'(][:@]

If you want straight DIY, aREALLY REALLY good show is Eastman's. It's all DIY and I believe it's all on public land. It's a GREAT show with great tips.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cheif,

I think a lot of people feel the same way as you. That's the main reason I've started a new video series. www.rutjunkie.com We've been listening to what the public wants, and what we want in a hunting video...and that's exactly what we're going to give.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I quit watching them all once they became nothing more than thinnly disguised infomercials shot on high fenced pic n'shoots. The Bellar's Place/Jimmy Houston debacle pretty much nailed the coffin shut on them for me. [:'(]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I quit watching them all once they became nothing more than thinnly disguised infomercials shot on high fenced pic n'shoots. The Bellar's Place/Jimmy Houston debacle pretty much nailed the coffin shut on them for me. [:'(]
Good for you Kev ! lol

I hear that that one woman is still filling your screen. Or, has that baby goat destroyed your set yet.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:13 AM

I have really begun to like Bighorn Outdoors. They are mostly diy on public land, if I am not mistaken.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to check that one out, then. I enjoy some of the shows, but don't get much entertainment out of watching someone hunting in a stand 15 feet from a bait set-up (usually for bears). I get ticked off when I tune in to what is listed as a hunting show and it turns out to be a 30 minute advertisement for that Sport Ear gadget.