Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LITTLE TRICKS TO GET U THROUGH THE DAY >

LITTLE TRICKS TO GET U THROUGH THE DAY

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LITTLE TRICKS TO GET U THROUGH THE DAY

Old 09-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Spike

Default LITTLE TRICKS TO GET U THROUGH THE DAY

Just wondering how many of you guys have little tricks you use during the day whn hunting and what they are
ie:
1. I use sudafed to keep from sniffling on a cold morning,
2. I use vivarin or no-doze to keep from falling asleep and from falling out of the tree and to be alert at all times,
3. I chew gum throughout the day so that i don't have to drink to keep from having to pee,
4. I try not to eat a big breakfast if anyting at all to keep from having to use the john after you get out to your tree
5. I stop taking all vitamins or mineral supplements that i take during the year because that stuff seeps out of your pores if you sweat

Maybe i'm just crazy but i go on all day trips driving 100 miles one way because i have to hunt state land, gotta make the most of it

Don't worry none these tricks aren't trade marked yet so feel free to use them.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:45 PM

Default RE: LITTLE TRICKS TO GET U THROUGH THE DAY

i like the idea of no doze so your alert at all times and not sleep.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gross144

2. I use vivarin or no-doze to keep from falling asleep and from falling out of the tree and to be alert at all times,
actually I tried that and found for an all day hunt that #1 they made me very "jittery" and unable to sit still, and also when I came "down" off them I was more tired than before, I found when I hunt all day (most of the time) if I feel really tired, usually about mid-day, I will just sit down and nod off for 5 or 10 min. my tree stand API grandslam mag supreme, is almost impossible to fall out of with the side bars, and I just sinch my seat of the pants up real tight when Im gonna nod off, I'd rather loose 10 min of hunting asleep, then be jittery for 3 hours and not sit still. Just my opinion.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:51 PM

I agree with mossy,I cant stand feeling jittery,I'll bring coffee to stay awake,makes me way less jittery,and in another post on this sight.Deer dont mind pee,pee in a scrape watch how you piss that buck off.And to kill time i'll bring a bow hunting magazine,I also stay all day and I hunt 15 min from my house.Bucks come anytime
Old 09-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Spike

Good info Gross144, I do my best to follow many in a similiar fashion. I always take a non-drowsy cold medicine. I do try to eat a good breakfast and take a P&J sandwich with me for energy, always bottled water, and most important an old fashion hot water bottle that is really just a rubber bag with a cap for the unable to avoid for 8 hours pee.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:10 PM

I'll be honest with you... I have a hard time staying awake in the stand even if it is for 4-5 hrs! It is so darn peaceful up there it just makes for good sleeping conditions I guess. I tried to read a little and it seemed to keep me up so I intend to use that theory this year. Not sure if I want to go the No Doze route. Maybe enjoying a hard candy of some sort would help, but I am real cautious with scent. Read an article once where a guy took detailed notes... helped him stay awake and keep a good journal for post season analysis.

Piney
Old 09-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pee out of my tree all the time. I also pee in scrapes, your pee will not spook the deer and it will peeoff a Buck if you pee in his scrape. Been doing it for years
Old 09-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

When it turns cold, I take an advil in the morning and one in the afternoon. I find that they take the sting away and the stiffness that you feel when you get cold. I don't know if they thin your blood or just mask the pain, but I find they make being in the cold for extended periods no problem at all, as long as you wear warm clothes and boots of course. I'm always the last in my group to get down when it's cold, been doing it for years.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

When I've had a bunch to drink before a hunt, (non-alcoholic of course), I'll wear dark colored drawers to my stand. That way, I can just pee my pants. You get a nice warm feeling and no one can tell but you whizzed in your shorts. [8D]

Ok seriously now, gross144's tips sound like good advice. Peeing your pants on the other hand actually isn't good advice... espeically if it's below freezing. [&:]
Old 09-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE drinking coffee but I try not to drink any before heading out or while on stand. Always worried that the smell will alarm any nearby deer when they catch wind. The problem I have is that I rely on coffee to keep me going during the day. Those early morning hunts can be aweful quiet at times. I'll lean back in my API stand and almost fall asleep sometimes. Though I've not honestly done it yet.

Quick Reply: LITTLE TRICKS TO GET U THROUGH THE DAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.