Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cannot stand another one of these hunts >

Cannot stand another one of these hunts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cannot stand another one of these hunts

Old 08-29-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Cannot stand another one of these hunts

I was watching hunting shows on TV today and inevitably on came yet another Texas whitetail hunt. I watched as the "hunters" climbed in to a custom tri-pod stand that resembeled a small condo. On que the feeder went off spreading bait across the ground. Soon after the deer arrived and the "hunter" shoved his rifle out of the blind while talking to the camera. Boom! A 200 yard shot and the deer tumbled into the brush.
The "hunters" surrounded the buck, held his head high, and slapped each other on the back before the returned to their comfortable lodge. If I were an anti hunter these Texas whitetail hunts would be shown at every one of my meetings. I cringe when I see these stupid "hunts" on TV. I dare any one who hunts this way to come out here to Montana and hunt elk with me for a weekend. Bring your Oxygen, first aid kit, water purification kit, bedroll, spare bow, insect repellant, and several pairs of hiking boots, waterproof of coarse. A special toast to you whitetailers who stay of stand all day and do it right.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cannot stand another one of these hunts

I could not agree more. IMHO the best hunting show on the outdoor channel is Jim Shockey's. At least he still hunts for him animals. Jim hunts all over the world with his knight muzzleloader. You never know where he will be for one week to another.

muley69, What part of Montana are you from? I live in south central Montana.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched one the other day where they were hunting in texas and one guy had shot his deer and on the way back they saw another deer down the road and these 2 guys were on some sort of platform on a truck but the guy decided to try the shot and he did manage to hit the deer and it dropped in its tracks but the ranged the deer with there range finder and the guy shot the deer at 450 yards. and thats not a typo the guy decided to try the shot and did it at 450 yards I was amazed at his shooting or his luck but I dont really agree with doing things of that sort
Old 08-29-2004, 11:39 PM

Muley69:

Here is an idea, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!!!

Whats up with all the Texas bashing?? You guys are starting to crack me up.

Actually I'm proud to say that you described the way I hunt. Nothing like having 10,000- 100,000 acres to hunt all to your self, it really is wonderful. If we want to hunt from a truck, over a feeder, from a stand, shoot a rifle 500 yards, hey thats are right. Something you public land hunters wouldnt understand, you guys have to jump every time the DNR tells you to.

The "hunters" surrounded the buck, held his head high, and slapped each other on the back before the returned to their comfortable lodge

Yup, that sounds like what I'll be doing in December. Nothing like hunting in s. Texas.

I dare any one who hunts this way to come out here to Montana and hunt elk with me for a weekend. Bring your Oxygen, first aid kit, water purification kit, bedroll, spare bow, insect repellant, and several pairs of hiking boots, waterproof of coarse.
Well arent you a tough dude, am I suppose to be impressed by that?? I could hunt that way to, but I dont hunt on public land I hunt on private land, so I have the right to sleep in a nice mexican style hacienda looking out over the ranch.

If I were an anti hunter these Texas whitetail hunts would be shown at every one of my meetings.
Thats another good thing about Texas, we dont have an anti hunter problem and if they do start to cry we dont put up with them, like you guys up north and out west do. If hunting was ever banned, I promise that Texas would be the only state where hunting was still allowed. And if some yankee ever did try to ban it, hell we would just secced from the union, we've already done it once.

So please, stop your bitching. Us Texans really dont give a damn about what you guys think.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:47 PM

not all texas hunting is the same.i have to lease the land i hunt on but the shots i take are up to me.i try to use common sense and ethical thinking. i would never shoot at 450yds as the chance for wounding is extremely high and most likely.hunters foregt what ethics are and just think of themselves at times. not all texas hunters are like that.the majority of texas hunters would agree with you.
hunting by feeders is not what you think.the biggest majority never see a deer around a feeder except for on a cam or at night.itis just a way to keep the deer movong thru your area.it by no means is a sure thing. i have hunted around feeders for over 40 years and have never shot a deer anywhere near a feeder.in fact while hunting i have never seen a deer around a feeder.you can not compare montana to texas. the temps,terrain,and available food sources are different. if you think it is that easy i invite you to come hunt for free with me.you will quickly change your mind
Old 08-29-2004, 11:51 PM

the majority of texas hunters would agree with you.
Not the majority, just the guys who live in East Texas.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:52 PM

it has absolutely nothing to do with east texas. i hunt in west texas. not everyone is arrogant either
Old 08-29-2004, 11:57 PM

Txhighrack, your post is a perfect example of idiocy. Shooting deer from a truck a 500 yards is just that: shooting. I literally laughed outloud when you wrote if you wanted to hunt elk like me you could. No you couldn't. Stop calling what you do hunting, it's not. People like you are fodder for the anti's, you hurt all sportsman, Texas or other places. Let me also say that this is not "Texas Bashing". I described in great detail the dynamics of the shooting. If you don't "hunt" that way, you shouldn't be offended, and if you do, you should be ashamed, in Texas or where ever.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:00 AM

i invite you to hunt with me if you think hunting near a feeder is a sure thing. all you have to do is pay for your plane ticket
Old 08-30-2004, 12:03 AM

please do not judge all texas hunters or hunting by the arrogance of a few.i assure most are not anywhere close to being like that

Quick Reply: Cannot stand another one of these hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.