Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!! >

Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

Old 08-29-2004, 07:02 AM

Default RE: Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

I had the pleasure of hunting with an Outdoor channel executive ..........back in Turkey season ! He was fortunate to kill his first Turkey on my friend's farm in Alabama ! He and his camera man filmed a segment on how to skin out a Turkey for taxidermy (his camera man is also a taxidermist) ...............this segment is set to be aired on a popular hunting show !

The Outdoor channel folks I met are great guys and hunter's ! I am sure there is probably another conflict with Ted !!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:14 AM

Thats one of the reasons I watch Spirit of the Wild. They include the whole hunting experience. They show the blood trail up close and follow it all the way to the deer. I've seen him gut many deer on this show. Its part of hunting. After all it is a hunting show. If you dont want to see it, dont watch it.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all for keepin it real. Nothing wrong with showing how to properly take care of game animals after the kill but I wish he'd cut the rock music. I don't see the connection.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:59 AM

Im with most of you guys, I want to see the hunt from start to finish. The gutting and cleaning is part of the hunt too and no hunter should be ashamed of it or try to hide it.

Another beef I have with alot of hunting shows is that not enough shows have cuts from the scouting trips and hanging of the stands on thier shows. To me that is the most important parts of hunt(next to the shot) and should be shown as well.