Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!! >

Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

Old 08-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

The Outdoor channel just recently threatened to pull a tv show because it showed cutting out back straps of a deer. They will not allow gutting or skinning of deer or any other animals. Don't they realize that this is part of hunting and we should not be ashamed of it? Afterall it is primarily a hunting channel and the people watching it are probably not going to be offended. Even if they are offended who cares? I don't feel the need to hide what I do, I kill animals and gut them. Anybody have a problem with that? If you feel the same way that I do I think you should email them and let them know what you think!

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/feedback.cfm
Old 08-28-2004, 02:28 PM

Default RE: Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

Do you have any other information about the show, like the name, when it was aired, etc.? The people at the Outdoor Channel might give our emails more merit if we can be more specific.
Good idea though, Nuge.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I didn't want to say it because so many people dislike him but its Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild. Even if you don't like him I would still send an email because they are trying to censor hunting like its a bad thing.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:05 PM

I love the Nudge, a Michigan Boy like my self. I guess he always has "Back Strap Fever."
Old 08-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I watched the show and it wsn't bad. So they need to chill out! "Back Strap Fever" I like that!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:03 PM

I have to agree completely. As I've posted before. All aspects of hunting should be open and shown. It's not like we're a secret society. Ummmmm except the fact that I'm on team 11 ***The Shafts***and I can't tell you our secret handshake! But besides that let Ted put it all out there who better than him to do so.

Old 08-28-2004, 07:17 PM

I have found that if you react in a semi positive manner you are able to get better results therefore this is my letter which I sent to them just a few minutes ago.
Recently I have become aware of your plans to discontinue showing the quality program of Spirit of the Wild. A recent episode focused partly on the preparation of a killed deer. In my humble opinion I feel that discontinuing this program would be a mistake. The proper handling and cleaning of wild game is an important and delicate part of hunting. I feel that young hunters and non-hunters would be better served to be able to see the process done properly than not at all. I have seen many of the Spirit of the Wild programs and have enjoyed them for their educational and entertainment value. There should not be a censor on one of the integral parts of the sport. Which is the preparation of the meat to be used to feed one's family. I hope that you would kindly reconsider your position on this matter. Sincerely, Chuck Jindrich (hunter and viewer of Spirit of the Wild)
Old 08-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well put Stalker22!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:11 PM

I guess maybe we shouldnt watch cooking shows either.those poor cows,Wait a minute,i just paid 20.00 dollaers to have a ribeye cooked medium,what the %$#@ is this world coming to,for gods sake we cant even say the pledge of allegiance.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

If they don't like it they don't have to watch it.

Quick Reply: Send and email to the Outdoor Channel!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.