Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Voteing for 2003 Moderaters Cup >

Voteing for 2003 Moderaters Cup

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
BelleIsland
3.19%
Big Country
3.19%
BuckeyeBuckHntr
11.70%
Farm Hunter
1.06%
Howler
3.19%
Kcison
48.94%
RackAttact
28.72%
Mdrdirt
0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Voteing for 2003 Moderaters Cup

Old 08-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Voteing for 2003 Moderaters Cup

First off I should appologize for not keeping up on this or taking care of it before I went travelling for a few months this summer. I've been on the road, in the bush and away from computers for the majority of the time. We have just returned to Vegas for the winter, and when we were restocking the cabinets with food, I came accross the jar with all the cash for the trophies and thought. "oh %#*@!"

I am back up in Prudhoe Bay at work until the 9th of Sept. and as soon as I get home I will get to a trophy shop and have the trophies made. Since the voting has started, I should be able to wrap everything up in one shot, with engraving and all, and be able to send the trophies off to the winners as soon as I get them back, pending I am still home. I am headed to Oregon for a mulie and elk bowhunt during the 13-18th, then back to the interior of Alaska on the 27th for a moose bowhunt. After that I'm back to work for a few weeks, then back to Vegas around the 20th of October.

This voting is not supposed to include the two largest bucks as they have won the largest buck and runner up award already. The voting should be for the viewers choice, which goes to a different person that those who have already received trophies to "spread the love" I would also like to see if any youth hunters would like to chime in and tell us about their seasons, and we can determine if there is a true "youth hunter of the year" award that needs to be given.

I am torn between starting a new poll specifically for the viewers choice, or taking the top choices from here eliminating the largest two bucks. I'd like for the viewers choice to be more specific to those that are up for the award though, so I am leaning towards a new post.

Thank you to Adams, mdbohunter and all of you that helped keep this going without me being here. Again, I appologize for letting this fall through the cracks, and will pass this responsibility on next year as I doubt I will have much time for it with how busy I have been at work, hunting and travelling.

I will await some feedback before making a new thread, as I would like to see if any of you have other ideas or input. I would like to have voting complete by the 9th of Sept. so I can have the trophies made as soon as I get back to Vegas.

Jerry
Old 08-24-2004, 09:08 PM
nub

Start a new thread. Too many wasted votes on rack and kcison. They were clear cut winners and needed no vote anyways.

Welcome back, been wondering about you.[>:]
Old 08-25-2004, 06:45 AM

Edit:
Old 08-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Start a new thread. Too many wasted votes on rack and kcison. They were clear cut winners and needed no vote anyways.

Welcome back, been wondering about you.
Yeppers, I agree witth nub...wait, did I just say that. Wow first time for everthing!!

Glad to see you around artic, the last email I sent you was bounced!! Maybe your box was full or something?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:26 AM

By all means if you'd like to start a new poll go ahead. My feelings won't be hurt. Arctic, no worries. I only wish I could be doing what you're doing. I hope you have lots of luck and fun. I'm sorry if the initial voting wasn't what had been originally planned. I was just trying to get the ball rolling. Now that it's rolling let's get a new poll up so the offical winners can be crowned.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

great pics!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will start a new thread and unlock this thread so it whists away in the night.

IL_BOW, are these all the entries, or are we missing some? I'd like to make sure everybody is included. Also, my [email protected] e-mail is no longer. Our companies merged, so it changed for a short time, then I decided to buy the division of the company that I was working for, so I am solid up here in Prudhoe for a while longer when a half year ago I didn't know if I'd be here any longer.

Whenever you guys are ready for a caribou hunt, let me know!

Thanks too all of you for helping out.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am glad it is going to be revoted on. 80% or so of the votes was for rack and kscion. I dont think determining viewers choice on 20% would have been fair to everyone.

Also is there still VC and VC runner up like what was voted? Or are we dropping VC runner up because there aren't alot of entries? Just trying to get a feel of whats going on is all.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will get back to Vegas on the 9th of Sept. and head straight to a trophy shop. I will see what the cost is for having 3, 4, or 5 trophies made, and see what we can do. I would like to send a trophy off to everyone who put an entry in, but we will have to see. I usually put all the entry money into the trophies and cover the shipping.

Being that we are getting the trophies in Vegas, I think I might be able to get better prices than I did back in Alaska. I will keep you all posted on what we are able to do this year.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jerry, I am pretty sure that is all the entries. At one time I had PM'ed every one and I also believe that Adams did also. So I would call it good!!

I actually sent one to your hotmail account...does that one still work?

I also want some dang pictures of your hunts!!

Quick Reply: Voteing for 2003 Moderaters Cup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.