HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Voteing for 2003 Moderaters Cup
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 05:53 PM
ArcticBowMan
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Voteing for 2003 Moderaters Cup

First off I should appologize for not keeping up on this or taking care of it before I went travelling for a few months this summer. I've been on the road, in the bush and away from computers for the majority of the time. We have just returned to Vegas for the winter, and when we were restocking the cabinets with food, I came accross the jar with all the cash for the trophies and thought. "oh %#*@!"

I am back up in Prudhoe Bay at work until the 9th of Sept. and as soon as I get home I will get to a trophy shop and have the trophies made. Since the voting has started, I should be able to wrap everything up in one shot, with engraving and all, and be able to send the trophies off to the winners as soon as I get them back, pending I am still home. I am headed to Oregon for a mulie and elk bowhunt during the 13-18th, then back to the interior of Alaska on the 27th for a moose bowhunt. After that I'm back to work for a few weeks, then back to Vegas around the 20th of October.

This voting is not supposed to include the two largest bucks as they have won the largest buck and runner up award already. The voting should be for the viewers choice, which goes to a different person that those who have already received trophies to "spread the love" I would also like to see if any youth hunters would like to chime in and tell us about their seasons, and we can determine if there is a true "youth hunter of the year" award that needs to be given.

I am torn between starting a new poll specifically for the viewers choice, or taking the top choices from here eliminating the largest two bucks. I'd like for the viewers choice to be more specific to those that are up for the award though, so I am leaning towards a new post.

Thank you to Adams, mdbohunter and all of you that helped keep this going without me being here. Again, I appologize for letting this fall through the cracks, and will pass this responsibility on next year as I doubt I will have much time for it with how busy I have been at work, hunting and travelling.

I will await some feedback before making a new thread, as I would like to see if any of you have other ideas or input. I would like to have voting complete by the 9th of Sept. so I can have the trophies made as soon as I get back to Vegas.

Jerry