Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Natural Gear

Old 08-16-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Natural Gear

I am thinking about buying more natural gear products, but have a few questions. Is it a good brand, and will it work year round. If not what brand of camo offers the most verstility so i dont have to buy and buy camo for different seasons.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Natural Gear

Check the signature.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:14 PM

ASAT is good stuff, but u should always have 2 seasons worth of clothing...realtree HD(spring-summer) and then a product like natural gear or better yet mossy oak. it really depends where u are hunting...what is the area that u are hunting like and what color is that area in the fall and then winter. pic your camo like that..get a good head cover too.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 PM

I like Nat Gear. I Don't like HD.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:44 PM

JUST FYI...

This spring I had a Turkey come within 10 feet of me. I was sitting facing south with my back against a tree. I was wearing Hardwoods HD - green. This turkey came in from the east; straight from my left. I didn't have the silhouette of the tree to even distort my image and guess what....He stood ten feet from me for about 8 mins strutting and gobbling and never picked me out. No Sh?t!!!

I love Hardwoods HD.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a huge fan of Mossy Oak and have been for years. But, I think they and Realtree have gotten more into fashion camo than practical camo. I think lighter open patterns like NatGear, ASAT, Predator, and even some of the stuff tha Cabelas is carrying (timber ghost maybe?) are better real world patterns.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:39 PM

thanks a buch on the tips that some have given
Old 08-16-2004, 09:56 PM

Ugh... I hate camo wars, they're just as bad as bow wars... You know the old saying "Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one."? Well, this is no differen't. You're going to hear ASAT this and Predator that, Mossy Oak this and Hardwoods that. Where what you feel comfortable in. I've heard stories on here about deer "looking through" people wearing ASAT, but you know what? I've had deer do the same thing while wearing my Hardwoods HD Green.

Take this turkey season for example. I was walking down a logging road headed back to the truck to grab a bite to eat before heading back out (I get hungry, sue me). I happened to walk by a clearing where 4 or 5 does were feeding not 10 yards from the road. A few of the does bounded off, but I had stopped moving. One doe walked out into the road, stood there bobbing her head up and down, back and forth trying to figure out what I was. She took a step or two closer, but I had had enough of the game and stood up (I had kneeled down) and continued on my way.

I've heard good things about Natural Gear and have been thinking on ordering a set of clothes in their Evergreen pattern just to check it out. I think you'll be fine using it, but then again, I think you'd be fine sitting in old Military BDUs just so long as you didn't make too much movement.

/end rant
Old 08-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple sets of Natgear camo and have been using it now for several years. I have the Evergreen and the Natural and both have worked well for me. I was in the market for some new camo this year and wanted something a little different so i went with the ASAT 3d leafy suit. It looks awesome and i look forward to trying it out in Sept but i will still continue to use my Natgear also.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

The examples with "the turkey was 10' from me" all wear realtree HD. Well that's because it is effective up close with the shadow effect. That's perfect for close range but check out that camo from 50 feet away and it's all a dark, almost black, blob just like Natgear's commercial claims. I wear Natgear and everything comes just as close and I don't have to worry about far distance, or when I'm in direct sunlight, or sitting at the edge of a grassy area by myself.

Quick Reply: Natural Gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.