HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Natural Gear
Thread: Natural Gear
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Washington Hunter

Default RE: Natural Gear

Ugh... I hate camo wars, they're just as bad as bow wars... You know the old saying "Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one."? Well, this is no differen't. You're going to hear ASAT this and Predator that, Mossy Oak this and Hardwoods that. Where what you feel comfortable in. I've heard stories on here about deer "looking through" people wearing ASAT, but you know what? I've had deer do the same thing while wearing my Hardwoods HD Green.

Take this turkey season for example. I was walking down a logging road headed back to the truck to grab a bite to eat before heading back out (I get hungry, sue me). I happened to walk by a clearing where 4 or 5 does were feeding not 10 yards from the road. A few of the does bounded off, but I had stopped moving. One doe walked out into the road, stood there bobbing her head up and down, back and forth trying to figure out what I was. She took a step or two closer, but I had had enough of the game and stood up (I had kneeled down) and continued on my way.

I've heard good things about Natural Gear and have been thinking on ordering a set of clothes in their Evergreen pattern just to check it out. I think you'll be fine using it, but then again, I think you'd be fine sitting in old Military BDUs just so long as you didn't make too much movement.

/end rant