Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth Camera - Problem update.......... >

Stealth Camera - Problem update..........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Camera - Problem update..........

Old 08-16-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Stealth Camera - Problem update..........

Finally got to talk with one of the main tech's @ GSM (Stealth). I explained my problems, and he said their was definetly a problem with the camera. The are sending me info. with prepaid postage to return it to them. I should get a new camera in about 1 to 2 weeks.

It actually took a somewhat nasty email to get their attention, but they have responded with emails and telephone calls.

We shall see how the second camera works out.

Specifically he said in no circumstances should the batteriers be dead in 7 days without taking any pics. Basically he said you should expect the battery life to be similar to a standard digital camera with batteries.

We also discussed the problem concerning the pictures not taking when you walk through the sensor. Again he said that was due to the battery problem. As your batteries wear down, the camera response time will be slower. Mine has been bad from the start.

I had a couple of other problems as well.

Good luck to me, and I'll update you guys with new camera report.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stealth Camera - Problem update..........

I've had my Stealth out for over a month now ,and today the kids and I went to check it .When my daughter approached the cam it took a pic of her ,I was very surprised that the batteries were not dead yet . It only had 6 shot's taken so I put it on standby and moved it to another location within the area. Hopefully I get a little more action now.
I'm glad Stealth is helping you out and I'll be watching for some pic's .

nubo
Old 08-16-2004, 06:25 PM

have any of you had a problem loading film ? i have to cut an inch off the the end of the film in order to load it. the camra works great though.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:47 PM

I have 3 stealth cams a moultrie and a buckshot the stealth cams were by far the cheapest and are easier to use and take the best pics been using them the last couple of years and never had a problem
Old 08-16-2004, 07:00 PM

The only problem I have had with my stealth is using Fuji film. Of course this is not recomended. Since I went back to Kodak, no problems. The only problem I had with batteries was the cheap ones. If I use good batteries, they last about 4 weeks.

OhioDuckHunter
Old 08-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OhioDuckHunter

The only problem I have had with my stealth is using Fuji film. Of course this is not recomended. Since I went back to Kodak, no problems. The only problem I had with batteries was the cheap ones. If I use good batteries, they last about 4 weeks.

OhioDuckHunter
That is exactly the same thing we have experienced. Use Kodak film and premium batteries and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have to cut approx. 1 inch off to get the film to start feeding. Very strange but since I figured that out no problems. For the buck its been a awesome camera. Wished it had a faster trigger time but you cant have everything right?
Old 08-16-2004, 08:44 PM

Keep in mind, this is the new digital 3.0 Stealth.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:28 AM

Ground hunter,

I'm glad they are working with you to resolve the issue. It almost seems you need to send them a nasty to get a responce. That is what it took for me to get a simple question answered. 3 days after emailing them about rechargeable batteries without a responce I sent a follow up semi nasty asking what was wrong with their cs and why they were ignoring my original request for info. needless to say they got the email and responded in about 4 hours. Why couldn't they have just answered me in the first place[:@]

I hope they get everthing squared away for you though.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GroundHunter

Keep in mind, this is the new digital 3.0 Stealth.
I returned mine as you know and got a cuddeback. Couldn't be happier. Are you getting a 3.0 in exchange? And if so, why. You know the batteries are only good for a week TOPS! That has been the general consensus. I am confused.[:-]