Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need help deciding on blind location >

Need help deciding on blind location

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help deciding on blind location

Old 08-06-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Need help deciding on blind location

I am going to be bowhunting a section of land this year for the first time. I have been out scouting numerous times already and have seen tons of bucks and 2 really really nice ones. Both in the 160 B&C range. The problem is I can't decide how to get close enough to them for my bow. They both bed in the sunflowers and come into the pea field right before dark. The edge of the sunflower field to the edge of the corn is about 150 yards. The bucks will enter the pea field right before dark and feed on the peas. The are too far in to the middle of the field away from open edge. The will meander and feed across the pea field close to the corn. The corn also has some does and fawns and the occasional buck that beds in there. And will feed in the pea field as well. I have been racking my brain as to where I can set my Ameristep outhouse blind to get a crack at them. I have contemplated sitting in between the first and second rows of either the sunflowers or the corn. But that may be too risky for the amount of deer there. But it may be the only way to get a chance at these bucks they are old and very smart. If I could get in the corn or sunflowers I know I would get a shot at one of them. But it would possibly spook them and everyother deer away if I got winded. There are no trees near where they come out to set a stand. They stay away from the edges. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Any questions or need me to elaborate more on something just let me know thanks everyone!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help deciding on blind location

I would hunt the sunflowers just like a corn feild , I had a post " how to , hunt corn feild ".go to search and type in johnch in auther and how to , hunt corn feild . This should give you some ideas , one thing you can shoot through some corn leaves but not through sunflower stalks , go slow and have fun