Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ground blind location? >

ground blind location?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blind location?

Old 10-29-2005, 12:45 PM

Default ground blind location?

Alright i have a couple of questions....I just got this ground blind and i set it up yesterday. I sat in it for 10 minutes and a doe appeared.She looked right at me and i thought i was well covered. She stuck around but never really gave me a good shot. I packed up and went home until later that afternoon. I sat in the blind for about 2 hours and I didn't even see the buck looking right at me. I didn't move because i thought he could see me. This was one of the biggest bucks in the woods. He took off without even giving me a chance. so here is my question......Do i have to have the blind deep in the trees or could i move it out a little bit? Could it be because it was a new thing in the area that they were scared?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ground blind location?

My guess is was because the blind was just put there, they knew something was out of place. I had deer come up and investigate mine after it had been in place quite a while. Put the blind out (if you are on private land) and leave it so the deer get used to it being there.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Also brush the blind in to help conceal it.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:10 PM

The deer have to get used to it for a while unless its in a place where they wont notice it. also i recomend shoot through mesh on a blind, it doesnt affect the arrow at all and the deer wont even know that you are there.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:37 PM

i was just out there and it was really windy. the doe came to about 20 yards and got wind of me. It is a new blind so it has the new smell. Could i put scent killer on it?
The mesh doesn't mess up the shooting? It looks like it would.hmmmmm
Old 10-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

how about telling us the brand and model and we can help u more. it is unusual to get winded in a blind....and when a deer usually spots a blind, they dont haul tail. they usually will detour a little around it. it also sounds like u arent ready to pull the trigger. in a ground blind u must be ready to shoot if a deer is staring at the blind...shoot if u can. i lowered my poundage to about 65 and have another bow at 60 to improve my pull-time and motion...be ready buddy
Old 10-29-2005, 05:45 PM

my dad threw away the box but it says it is a dog house? Ameristep
Old 10-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

They also make the Outhouse. My outhouse does not have a mesh you can shoot through, but unless you had opposite windows open for the wind to blow through and straight to the deer, they got spooky because something new is in the area.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

check out the Double Bull blind site - They have a page that has tips on using a ground blind.

http://www.doublebullarchery.com/tips.html
Old 10-29-2005, 08:11 PM

yeah if i were you i would set it up about 2-3 weeks before season and leave zipper open and everything to make deer used to it and it will have no smell to it. i am debating on wether or not toput up my double bull blind that i use for turkey hunting. there i other guys that hunt out there so i don't want it to be stollen. should i just go buy a cheap one i feel comfortable leaving out there>

Quick Reply: ground blind location?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.