Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 someone offered me a Baby G for 140 dollars... >

someone offered me a Baby G for 140 dollars...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

someone offered me a Baby G for 140 dollars...

Old 07-26-2004, 09:57 PM

Default someone offered me a Baby G for 140 dollars...

This sounds like a deal to me I shoot an older PSE now Anyone got a review of this bow
Old 07-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: someone offered me a Baby G for 140 dollars...

It depends......the Baby-G was a model offered for a few years.......about 97' to 00' in the height of it's popularity and it was offered in several different cam styles. The originals usually had some form of the Maxis dual cams and later variations of a single cam........"Lighting One Cam" I know for sure.
Cabela's still offers brand new Baby-G packages........not sure of price?

Anyway, chances are the string/cables are probably crap........figure that expense, and assuming you have fairly limited experience with different bows understand that the Baby-G represents one of the least forgiving bow designs ever created.[:-] Very low brace height , major reflexed short riser.
It has been officially named over the years as the "Arm slapper of all arm slappers"
A pretty fast bow, but it gets the speed pretty much from its radical geometry alone, it's loud in the single cam, sounds like a cannon in the dual.

After strings and cables you'll probably have $200 into it at which point you are approaching the expense of, IMO, much better shooting and better designed more current pre-owned models.

Sorry to discourage you, but the Baby-G is one of those infamous bow models. Of course the guy who owns one and has good form will say I'm exaggerating so take it for what it is, just my opinion.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

I have one and Im satisfied with it. I was shooting an old Jennings Forked Lightning and decided to update a bit. I found mine for $200 and got a sight and used my old rest and stablizer and supprizingly my old arrows matched up so Im shootin those out of it. I got cat wiskers, a peep, and limb savers and it is a bit louder than alot of bows but it aint horrid.

Despite the unforgiving nature of it, work on form and there isnt much of a problem. Its not very forgiving. Im gettin average groups out of it and Im shootin about 3.5-4" groups at 40 yards so as far as that goes, Im satisfied with mine.

I think this is one of those bows you either like or you hate.
I like mine.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:06 PM

My dad once told me "Son, if someone offers you something you probably don't want it."

He pretty much hit the nail on the head. Now, if you asked about it first, that's maybe a different story.

Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:41 AM

I answered your other thread about this..

I tore my wrist up bad with the one I was shooting. [&:]
Old 07-27-2004, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad once told me "Son, if someone offers you something you probably don't want it."
Excellent advise! I'll have to remember that one!
Old 07-28-2004, 04:49 PM

Thats a good deal a PSE Baby G and he is giving you $ 140.00 ya should take them both and then go get ya a good bow .
Old 07-28-2004, 11:45 PM

I would suggest shooting it...like deerhuntr107 said they aren't the most forgiving. I shot one and found my Buckmaster G2 Xl much more comfortable. Everyones different...my best advised is SHOOT it BEFORE you buy it!