Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck Adams

Old 07-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chuck Adams

You guys are entirely in need of the hunting season to start! lol
Old 07-26-2004, 05:44 PM
New Sheriff

any one of us could do it too
hmmmm, I wonder why we haven't then.

...and don't give me the money/sponsors crap. I don't think that Chuck was born with a silver spoon. He worked his ass off to make him what he is, and that is simply the best trophey hunter ever to walk the Earth. Like it or not, there is no way you can argue that.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paul L Mohr - Right. Primos and Realtree and the others pay high prices for places that have big trophies ..... you know they'd all love a chance to shoot a world record on video but none seem to do it even though they have all the money to get the access and guides .... same as Chuck, right ?

But none produce like Chuck because, well, he's Chuck, Bowhunting God of the 21st Century !
Old 07-27-2004, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Primos doesn't hunt high fences do they?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Charlie P - I bet they all have at one time or another. If they did, they couldn't enter the animal anyway.

I Love Chuck ....
Old 07-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Trying to answer the various objections, let me point out that I'm trying to explain why I, me personally, don't buy into Chuck Adams' stunning dominance of the pro bow hunters world. If you don't buy it, fine. We're all going to live through this day either way. The principle I mentioned is basically a statistical principle that is referred to by eggheads in biology and baseball. Those two fields are where I've personally heard it used. I see it in baseball, which I've devoted countless hours to studying.

Now, sho-me, your perfect game analogy is really a crappy diversionary tactic. Perfect games are the product of great stuff and luck. Take any list of the top pitchers through times and you'll find some got perfect games, other didn't. What you won't find is one guy with five or ten and then no other HOF-type pitcher with more than one.

For Straightarrow, I think your response to my "pseudoscience" was really outstanding. You took my argument fairmindedly, and came back with a thoughtful reply that didn't seek to twist my original argument into some idiotic parody that no rational person would advocate. Your point about baseball teams having clearcut goals and bowhunters maybe not having such singular goals is well taken. You may be right.

Swinging off topic, I would like to suggest another corner cutting conspiracy theory. I believe that DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak was probably helped along as it really got going. That streak is the single most unlikely accomplishment of all-time in baseball. I find it rather suspicious how many times he went 0-fer until his last AB, then voila! another single. Did you know that during those 56 games, Ted Williams (a vastly superior player) hit for a higher BA than DiMaggio? Read Glory of Their Times, and you'll find numerous cases where pitchers would let up on guys they liked in games that didn't matter. Remember when Sosa and McGwire were chasing 61? Remember how many pitchers were quoted basically like this, "If it comes down to the last game and they need one more homer, I going to throw them a fat one."? Remember when Pete Rose had his 44 game streak broken up? In the postgame, he ripped and swore at the pitcher who got him out the last two times up, I think it was Gene Garber. Rose, the "ultimate competitor" took the position that Garber should have let up on him and let him keep his streak alive. So, please save me the outrage at the suggestion about DiMaggio's streak!
Old 07-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

are there any other hunters who spend the amount of time chasing the variety of animals that Adams does? Seriously, Myles Keller is a whitetail person, the video guys are out cause chasing troph book size doesn't make for easy video. Adams hunts from August to Jan/Feb pretty much non-stop for different animals all over. Is there another hunter that does this?
Old 07-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard that last WR elk Chuck shot walked out as though saying " if its the last day of the season, I'm going to throw Chuck a big fat one "

Old 07-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat

I heard that last WR elk Chuck shot walked out as though saying " if its the last day of the season, I'm going to throw Chuck a big fat one "

LMAO !!! OMG my ribs hurt on that one Steatlhy.... that was classic!
Old 07-27-2004, 02:55 PM

This has been quite the interesting thread so far. i will add a few more points to the discussion.

Personality - I dont think it is fair to judge any celebrity's personality based on a few second encounter at an autograph session. They could be having a bad day, maybe in thier mind they are joking wth the person but the person thought they were insulting them. I think the only people that could accurately judge his personality would be those who have spent considerable time with him.

Success as a hunter - his success cannot be argued. One point that i do not agree with is the comparisons with people such as Michael Jordan and Lance Armstrong. This is not a good comparison. These men have elevated themselves above all of thier competitors in thier respective fields. Michael Jordan scored his points in the time alloted for a game, he wasnt given extra time to score more points. Any other player in the NBA who played the same number of minutes had the same opportunity to score that many points.

Chuck really hasnt done that since no one else appears to spend nearly as much time in the field. So while his accomplishments are great we dont know how great they may or may not be because there is no one else to gauge him against. If a group of guys came out with the sole goal of matching Chuck day for day in the field and out do his accomplishments then we would have a yardstick by which to measure those accomplishments. The only thing to measure Chuck against is Chuck himself, so for now his "greatness" as a hunter can be niether proved nor denied. His proficiency as a hunter must be commended though.

hmm well that was pretty convoluted, but hopefully someone gets my point.

Quick Reply: Chuck Adams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.