Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BUCKLE UP there boys and girls!!! >

BUCKLE UP there boys and girls!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BUCKLE UP there boys and girls!!!

Old 07-17-2004, 08:16 PM

Default RE: BUCKLE UP there boys and girls!!!

You have got to be one of the, if not THE funniest SOB I have ever seen!
Old 07-17-2004, 09:31 PM

I heard his shot at a deer and then all was quiet. Then, a few minutes later there was a familar 'crack/crash'. I had lump in my throat when I called him on the radio. He first said that the bottom had fallen but that he was OK. When he called back to tell me he was hurting, my legs almost buckled. I told him to stay put and did a record descent from 30' up a tree.

It's a terrible feeling when your hunting buddy is believed to be 'hanging' from a tree and you're up in a tree 100 yards away. I guess it's better than being 200+ yards away. It was a relief to see him smiling when I got there. Then the COF told me he was sorry to have ruined my hunt. Can you believe this guy???

I'd run a mile for him through fire or swamp. After all, he's my hunting buddy.

One more thing. This incident brings into account some safety issues.
1) Hunt with a buddy whenever possible.
2) Lock your stand in properly.
3) Use a good restraint device.
4) Radios and/or telephones are good modern devices to have that aren't usually covered in the Hunters Safety Courses.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

glad everything came out alright .that stuff happens in an instant real scary. by the way in my opinion it is a tie between you and cardeer . hope you two never get together someone will really get hurt
Old 07-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm half sitting half standing facing the tree with my bow in hand. I sometimes put my toes against the trunk
Sooo, was it an Ol Man or a Buckshot stand?
Old 07-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't own an Ole Man. I have a Buckshot Hotshot and an API. The brand wasn't the cause... the misuse of it was..... simply leaving off the tie down strap.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's why I only hunt on the ground...
Old 07-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Buckshot Hotshot and an API. The brand wasn't the cause
Must have been the API. Correct me if i'm wrong but the buckshot stands use tension straps to connect the platform and the seat. only one strap is used for the seat.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:33 AM

I'm glad all is well David and you were able to avoid a nasty digger. It just goes to show you accidents do happen. Even to a seasoned veteran who
I have no idea how many times I've climbed a tree with a climber. I really feel at home up there.
feels at home in the trees. I 'm just glad you were able to tip toe thru the tulips and make it home safely.

Len, If you need a partner who dosen't over sleep and fall out of trees you may want to look at a younger hunter
Old 07-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted old permanent wood stands exclusively until about 1994. NO safety belt. Talk about ignorance is bliss. The last time I hunted them I hunted with one arm around the tree. SCARY. They were all rotted. I'm too old and wise to do things like that anymore. I always wear a safety belt now and only manufactured stands.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

The brand wasn't the cause... the misuse of it was..... simply leaving off the tie down strap
I know and releize that, I was just curious that's all.

Quick Reply: BUCKLE UP there boys and girls!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.