Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please read..Thanks to a great member here! >

Please read..Thanks to a great member here!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please read..Thanks to a great member here!

Old 07-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Please read..Thanks to a great member here!

I just wanted to take a minute and show what a great guy one of our members here is. I am talking about PA Hardwoods. I don't know how many of you read my post titled " To anyone who makes arrow wraps please reply" but I will explain it again.
Last wed evening ( July 7th) , one of my best friends and hunting buddies lost his wife in a tragic car-semi accident. The accident happened just a few miles from our house. My buddy lost his wife and his best friend that day. She was only 32 yrs. old. She was a beautiful mother of 2 great kids, a 13 yr. old son and a little girl that sadly turns 11 today. It is devestating the family as I know it would me if I lost my wife/ best friend.
My wife and I and our daughter were on vacation and another friend called us about 3 hours after the accident to tell us. Needless to say we came home early. I spent about an hour and a half alone with him the other night and he is in so much pain.
I wanted to get him something different and something special to remember her by. As hardcore bowhunters I of course was thinking something to do with hunting. I came up with a great idea the other day and posted asking for some help from someone who makes arrow wraps to sell me some custom made wraps with a tribute to her on them. I am going to buy 2 dozen Gold Tips and then make them up with the wraps ( we build our own arrows so I know the specifics of his and how he likes them done.) Well I remembered that Pa Hardwoods had a post a few months ago about making wraps. Lo and behold he e-mailed me about doing them for me. Not only , he offered to do them for me at no charge. Not only is he making them for a person that he only knows from my posts here, but he doesn't know my buddy at all and is willing to use his time and talent for free.
That to me is really a cool thing. I know that sometimes that things here can get heated on some posts and foolish arguments start up, but mostly it is alot of great guys ( and gals) helping each other out and having some fun. But this to me is an example of someone really offering to do a great thing.
So PA Hardwoods, I give you a big old salute and a big thanks. As I said I will be in touch and we will make something really special. I will post a pic of the arrows when they are done.
To everyone here, please keep my friend in his family in your prayers. They really need it right now.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please read..Thanks to a great member here!

I know PA Hardwoods personally and shoot with him on a regular basis. I can tell you first hand he is a real good guy and a good friend. What you just posted does not suprise me at all about him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your buddy and his family.

God Bless
Old 07-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep......he is a sweet heart..........i will keep you and your friend and his family(everyone) in my prayers.....you're a good friend and he is lucky to have you to lean on in this horrible time in his life.....kudo's to you PA Hardwoods......
Old 07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm very sorry to hear of your friend 's loss ,it's avery tragic thing to happen to such a young family and this i know all too well.
You also are a very good friend that any of us would like to have as a friend.
As for PAHardwood's although I don't know him other than to read some of his post's on this forum , He is a great example of some of the people on this forum .He must be a great guy who feel's your pain,and is willing to help out in the time of need .

Cudo's to you PAHardwoods your a very fine person.

nubo
Old 07-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Very sad story Proff, I hope your friend finds relief in your great idea. I'm sure he will.

Way to go PA Hardwoods that’s cool thing to do for someone!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very sad story Proff, I hope your friend finds relief in your great idea. I'm sure he will.
Very sad indeed! I'm at work now and had a tough time holding back the tears! My prayers and well wishes go out to your friend and his children.

My hats off to you PA Hardwoods!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Proff,

Very sorry to hear about the loss. It seems like so many of the great ones leave this world too early. As for PA hardwoods, what a cool thing to do. There sure are a lot of good folks on these boards, thats forsure.

Prayers for the family in loss.

Shed
Old 07-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

sorry to hear prof, thoughts and prayers to your buddy, and sorry for the loss.

Jim
Old 07-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

My deepest sympathy to you proff and your family, and may God be with you in your time of sorrow. Hey P.A. I wish the world had more standup people like you in it, you've done something really special there. God Bless
Old 07-16-2004, 09:16 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Especially you Muzzyman88 maybe this week on the 3D course I won't kick your butt so bad. JK bud But back to the real issue at hand. I am not doing this for fanfare or anything else just because I can't stand to hear about a person, especailly a fellow hunter in pain. And if me making these wraps for him for nothing helps him honor and remember his wife, then so be it. I just wouldn't feel right charging Proff for them. Maybe i'm a softie, but whenever we have a chance in this world to help out another in distress, we should take that chance and ask nothing in return. Thanks again to all who wrote with their kind words, I consider you all my friends.
God Bless,
Chad Wegner (PA Hardwoods)