Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Limb splintered on my Protec >

Limb splintered on my Protec

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Limb splintered on my Protec

Old 07-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default Limb splintered on my Protec

Last night I was shooting when I drew back and heard a crack. I let down and found a 2 inch splinter on one of my top limbs. The shop I bought it from just went out of business.
I was wondering, can another Hoyt dealer help me or do I need to go to Hoyt directly?
I was also wondering if anyone has had to deal with Hoyt about a similar problem and if they were pleased about how it was handled? Also, has anyone else had a problem with their limbs splintering?

Thanks!

Slice
Old 07-09-2004, 08:52 AM

Default RE: Limb splintered on my Protec

Any dealer can help you.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any Hoyt dealer SHOULD help you with it, but the bow is going back to Hoyt in any case. A different dealer than the one you bought the bow from might or might not require you to pay shipping charges back to the factory. Depends on the dealer. You can call Hoyt directly and get the return authorization number, write the letter detailing the problem, enclose a copy of your sales reciept and find the right kind of box to pack the bow in and chase down a UPS store and all that if you want, but I'd rather go through a dealer (they've got the right size boxes and stuff for return shipping and I don't).

Hoyt stands by their products. They'll make it right.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you very much for the info, guys!! Hopefully it won't take too long to get the bow back, 54 days to opening day!!

Slice
Old 07-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

I splintered the limbs on my Razortec last year, and my buddy just splintered the limbs on his Ultraelite. In both cases, the shop called Hoyt and got in the replacement lombs, and in both cases the bows never left the shop. I would not be happy if they asked me to pay shipping on a warranty item.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:57 AM

I have the "what your not going to pay for the return shipping" argument with customers everyday. If you were to look at it from the manufacturers stand point they are actually splitting the cost of shipping with you. You pay for it to get there and they pay for it to get back. If you really think about it... If you purchased something at Wal-Mart and it was defective, would it be reasonable to ask Wal-Mart to reimburse you for the gas and time it took you to return your item?

Sorry to rant but I'm on a personal mission to curb this way of thinking. If everyone looked at it this way my Job would much easier.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:26 AM

i agree kodiak. i'm just a customer, but have had to have my limbs replaced by bowtech. before the shop could even say anything i told them i was paying for shipping. when the shop doesn't charge for the labor to replace them - when its not their fault the limbs splintered - there's no way i want it to cost them anything to help me. they aren't made of money either.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Kodiak, you can rant all you want, you will never convince me the customer should pay for any part of a warranty replacement item. In my line of work, if an item dies under warranty, the manufacturer pays the shipping both ways. It should be the same on bows. If my limbs splinter, Hoyt should cover the shipping both ways, it is their defect, not mine. If I caused the problem, that is another scenario altogether.

If I purchased something from Wally world and they said it had to go back to the namufacturer for warranty repair, I would refuse to pay for that shipping also. I do not ask my bow shop to cover my gas to get the bow to their shop either, so your analogy is a rather moot point.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:14 PM

Hey slicendice, i don't want to chime in on top of your topic, but i was wondering if any body has had that kind of problem with a mathews bow lately
Old 07-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

I was afraid someone would turn this into a Hoyt vs. Mathews battle. Fact is, crap happens. I've had the same thing happen when I shot a Martin. What will make or break Hoyt for me is not the fact that it happened, but rather how they take care of the problem.

ReyLamb and Kodiak,

I agree a dealer shouldn't have to pay for shipping, but I don't think the customer should, either. That is where Hoyt should step up and reimburse whomever for the shipping. It's their product, it should be their cost. Plain and simple.

Slice

Quick Reply: Limb splintered on my Protec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.