Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fall Bear Hunting >

Fall Bear Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fall Bear Hunting

Old 07-01-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Fall Bear Hunting

I called the other day and talked with my outfitter about the September hunt I have planned We talked about the canceled spring bear hunt in Ontario due to PETA convincing the then new Primminister that the spring season was allowing too many sows being killed and the resulting cubs starving. She said that now the problem they have is that more boars are killing more cubs. This brings me to an idea[&:] How about a cub bear in distress call?? Then again, you'd have pissed off sows climbing your trees[] Is there any calls on the market for bear? I know that in some areas a predator call will work but was thinking more about a sow in heat call,,, if they do make that sound. New call market????
Old 07-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fall Bear Hunting

Russ.

I am sure there are no cow in heat calls on the market but knowing you it wont be long before you make one
Old 07-01-2004, 12:19 PM

Probably a better way to attract bears is with scent,,,, maybe some on the wife's apple pie/strawberry/vanilla/cookies and cream/cholocate fudge candles she's always burning in the house,,,,, Did I just make everyone hungry??? LOOK OUT YOGIE!!!![&:]
Old 07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did I just make everyone hungry???
Yes ya did so ya better send me some down
Old 07-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

All you have to do is leave your garbage laying around camp and they'll find it here in Ont , The people up north from me have been having all kind's of trouble with the bears on thire properties and coming right into town. But the member's of parliament that made these decision's don't live in the Northern Ont they live in the city of Toronto and they know best what the Northern's should be doing with thier lives . They'll do anything for votes here. The bears are showing up everywhere now they're showing up in area's where they've never been seen before . They're spreading out thier range and nobody like's it ,but we can't tell parliament that DUHHHH ,They know what's best for us .

nubo

nubo
Old 07-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

There is a bear call marketed and I fished in on it last year. It is suppose to be an all purpose call that imitates aggressive bears on food as well as sows in heat. I will see if I can find mine and post the manufacture. I was not real impressed, but in the hands of a good game caller it may be the ticket.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:57 PM

Nubo, the outfitter (Lake View Lodge) said that when they canceled the spring season, it really hurt the economy. She too said that the bears are getting over populated and wants me to practice I told her that I've been practicing for 32 years,,, she said, "you really do want to get a bear don't you"