Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any montec g5 shooters? >

Any montec g5 shooters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any montec g5 shooters?

Old 06-19-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Any montec g5 shooters?

How do you like them? How do they shoot compared to field points?
Old 06-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any montec g5 shooters?

i love them , very durable , very sharp , easy to sharpen , fly like field points , penatrate deep , but they just arent that wide for cutting diameters , they open the deer up and cut the whole time if you dont get a pass thru , but if so u have a very small hole to go by so u gotta make ur shot count , but other then being small they r the best ive ever used! thats including muzzy and thunderheads and rocket machanicals! But rockets have the best cutting diameter but lack a ton in penatration , thunderheads fly funny , and muzzys are ok , but dont seem to shoot as good as montecs and dont seem to get the sharpness , but still a good head as well!!!
Old 06-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just bought the Montec's the other day they look good but I've bought other heads in the past because they looked good and they they weren't as good as they looked . The guy in the shop told me that they shoot good out to about 30yrds but we'll see about that when i try them out ,I'm hoping to get an extra few yrds if I can. They're not cheap but not too many of them are anymore.

P.S. I got an e-mail from 5shot today if you send me your addy I'll send it to you .

nubo
Old 06-19-2004, 08:03 PM

I bought a pack to try out this year. I bought them right after the season ended last year but I hadn't shot them until today. I had some time and thought I would number my hunting arrows. I had three g5's and six muzzy's ,shooting one and a half inch spots at 25 yards. Two of the muzzy's were shooting low and to the left (I won't be using them ) The rest of the muzzys either hit the spot or came within a half inch of it. With the g5's I hit the spots each and every time. I dont shoot that well with feild points, but these are the best 9 arrows out of two dozen that I bought after the season ended.I don't Know how well they will do on deer this year but I'm sure looking foreward to finding out. Needless to say I don't think I'll be numbering my arrows this year.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have made a number of kills with them. They definitely fit into the quality head catagory. They may not be in the same class in terms of sharpeness out of the box as some replaceable blade heads, but you can get them plenty sharp for the job they are meant to do. They fly great and will be as accurate as you are at whatever yardage you want to shoot.

How do they shoot compared to field points?
It would depend a lot on your bow tuning skills. But yes, I can get them to fly just like my field points.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:48 PM

I used the Montec 125's last year and shot two does with them. One made it about 70 yards and the other 50 yards. Both shots were complete pass throughs and blood trails were good. They dont feel as sharp as the replaceable blade heads but G5 said they sharpen them at a different angle to make the edge more durable. They were plenty sharp enough to do what they were intended to do on the deer I shot. Mine shot about 4 inches to the left of my field points but they grouped well and the arrow flight was good so I just moved my sight. I will be using them again this year.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Havent hunted with them but they do shoot awesome!!! Just like field points, just wish they came a little sharper seems like they arent very sharp out of the package.