HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HYPERSHOCK 125
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 10:50 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HYPERSHOCK 125

It is very near identacle to the Triska and Sonoran. All three have blades enclosed inside the furrel. All three have tabs in the rear of the blades that force the blades open after the main part of the blade has entered the animal. The only differences are the number of blades, the cutting diameter, and the shape of the blades. They still function the same way.

What's the difference between the way these two heads operate?

Or are you saying because of the design the HyperShock as an unfare advantage over other broadheads?
That's exactly what I am saying. The blades don't have to do anything while the furrel passes through a 1/16th piece of steel or a 1/2 in piece of plywood. They stay closed so they avoid any damage. A good durability test for this head would be to strech out a piece of leather about three inches in front of the ply wood and the steel drum. Granted the design specifically saves the blades for the soft tissue but there are those marginal shots that can quickly become really bad shots if the blades will not stay intact.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of delayed opening blades. It's just that no one else had anything good to say about them when I asked about the Triska and the Sonoran a while back. The general concensus was that a delayed opening head was the about the worse design ever.

However, after saying all of that, with the fixed blade designs that are out today, like slick trick, Wasp bullet, RM iron head 100, montec, Magnus stinger and others, and as good as they fly even at high speeds I really don't see any reason at all to use any mechanical.