Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HYPERSHOCK 125

Old 05-26-2004, 09:11 PM

Default RE: HYPERSHOCK Series Broadheads Versus Big Game Animals

The excitement and the anticipation are starting to build, as the Hypershock Series Broadheads will be arriving at many of your favorite archery stores in the very near future.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jerry and I am one of the Prostaff members of Aftershock Archery. As the Hypershock was being introduced to the archery world, many questions arose pertaining to their take down power (especially of big game animals). So, I am here to report out on our successful hunts that recently took place using the Hypershock Series Broadheads. Hopefully the following information will answer many of your questions regarding the strength, reliability, and durability of these new broadheads.

This past week, several of our Aftershock Prostaff Members had a chance to hunt a trophy ranch using standard archery equipment and the Hypershock Series Broadheads. Bow poundage varied from 55lbs to a high of 70lbs during those hunts. Animals that were hunted during that time were a buffalo, two hogs and a turkey. The reason that various game animals were hunted was to prove once and for all that these broadheads will meet or exceed all your expectations.

Special Note:

Mike Avery video taped these hunts and will be showing them during one of his outdoor shows, along with a product review of the Hypershock Series Broadheads.

Arrival at the Trophy Ranch

When our Prostaff members arrived at the trophy ranch they were met with allot of skepticism pertaining to the design of the Hypershock Broadhead. The owner and guides informed the group that these broadheads could not possibly take down a hog, let alone a buffalo. Well those responses gave us the incentive to prove them wrong, and that’s exactly what we did.

First Hunt – Russian Boar

With Mike Avery and crew on hand, our first hunt that took place was the harvesting of a 225lb Russian boar. With cameras rolling, the hog walks in at around 20 yards and the Hypershock slams through the armor plate and then exits through the shoulder of the opposite site. The hog only runs 20 yards before it drops. This helped to prove our point that the Hypershock Series Broadheads will take down game animals that were thought to be difficult to harvest due to their bone structure.

Second Hunt- Buffalo

The next animal that was harvested was a Buffalo weighting 950 +lbs. The Buffalo was broadside and the shot was taken at 35 yards. Once the broadhead penetrated the buffalo, it ran only 85 yards before laying down. The internal devastation that these broadheads deliver is unsurpassed, and again has proven that they can take down the biggest of any game animals.

Third Hunt - Turkey

Another goal of ours was to take down a Merriam Turkey as the hunts continued. After locating the turkey of choice and perfect shot placement could be achieved, the shot was taken at 35 yards. Again the Hypershock proved itself by delivering the fatal blow to another game animal. This bird weighted 20+ lbs and had a nine-inch beard. With a pass-through, you might say this bird was pre-cleaned.

Fourth and final hunt - Hog

Our favorite hunt of the whole trip was to have our Women Prostaff Member take down a hog that weighted 550 lbs. The reason for the excitement is that she only shoots a bow poundage of 55lbs, and having the confidence to take down a hog using the Hypershock broadhead, the hunt was on. Finally after having located this mammoth hog, and when the shot finally presented itself, she took it. The first shot was from an elevated ridge at 35 yards while the hog was quartering away.

This first shot was a little high which penetrated the top of the hog. After the hog spun around to elude the hunter, the next shot penetrated the top of the shoulder and sunk in 9 inches taking out the lungs. The interesting thing is that this 550lb hog had 3 ½ inches of solid fat that was easily penetrated by the Hypershock broadhead. Light arrow and low poundage was no match for this large hog.
Again, the Hypershock broadhead helped prove that persons using a low poundage bow can now shoot a mechanical broadhead giving them the confidence to harvest all sorts of game animals.

As you have read, we at Aftershock Archery have designed a broadhead that will exceed everyone’s expectations, and gives them the confidence to hunt every type of game animal possible. For additional information, please check out our website for up to date information at www.aftershockarchery.com

Be Safe and Good Hunting!!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually the Tri-Triska had the back side of their blades sharpened as well so to slice a small hole in the skin before the blades open fully.

I know how all three of these heads operate and all three deploy their blades after they have entered into the animal. Two have or had their blades sharp so they would slice on their way in and one don't.

I can't find Tri-Triska's web site so they may not be around any more. I suspect a lack of advertising like the aftershock. Advertising is everything in the world of business.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My name is Jerry and I am one of the Prostaff members of Aftershock Archery

Light arrow and low poundage was no match for this large hog.
Now that I believe
Old 05-27-2004, 10:17 AM

Default RE: HYPERSHOCK 125

Actually the Tri-Triska had the back side of their blades sharpened as well so to slice a small hole in the skin before the blades open fully. THE HYPERSHOCK BACK OF THE BLADES ARE NOT SHARPENED. THE SHARP PART OF THE BLADE YOU SEE PASSES THROUGHT THE MAIN BODY. SO WHEN COMPRESSED THE TIPS ARE EXPOSED TO GRAB AND OPEN FAST WITH OUT WEGDING WITH NO DEFLECTION BECAUSE THE OPPOSIT BLADE OPENS FIRST ON AN ANGLED SHOT OR THE OUTSIDE BLADE.

I know how all three of these heads operate SORRY BUT YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING HOW THE HYPERSHOCK FULLY WORKS

And all three deploy their blades after they have entered into the animal. Two have or had their blades sharp so they would slice on their way in and one don't. ONLY THE HYPERSHOCK WILL PREVENT DEFLECTION AND WEDGING USEING VERY LITTLE ENERGY AND HAS A LARGER TIP THEN THE MAIN BODY SO AFTER THE FIRST HIT WITH THE HEAD THE REST PASSES IN WITH NO WEDGE. AND IS THE ONLY BROADHEAD WITH INBOARD CENTER OF GRAVITY PREVENTING PREMATURE BLAD DEPLOYMENT. THE FASTER IT FLY THE BETTER THE BLADES STAY CLOSED. NO OTHE HEAD WORK LIKE THIS PICTURE DO NOT TELL THE WHOLE STORY. THINGS MIGHT LOOK CLOSE BUT THE WORK SO DIFFERENT. JUST REMEMBER HOW ALL THE BOWS ND ARROWS LOOK CLOSE BUT WORK SO DIFFERENT!

I can't find Tri-Triska's web site so they may not be around any more. I suspect a lack of advertising like the aftershock. Advertising is everything in the world of business.
THE HYPERSHOCK HAS LESS IN COMMEN WITH THE OTHER HEADS THEN YOU MIGHT THINK
Old 05-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Correct me if my perception is incorrect, but it looks like this broadhead is composed of a very long, all aluminum ferrule that is slotted for almost its entire length to house the blades in the "undeployed" position. The broadhead also appears to have no hardened steel tip. If the ferrule is titanium, then I might believe that it would possibly hold up to a shoulder or similar heavy bone hit, but if it is all aluminum? I'm sure that the pro staffers or the other supporters on this thread will quickly dispel my doubts with more accounts of devastating success.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:45 PM

Beyond the Bone
Hello Everyone,

I can Honestly tell you this, the Hypershock Series Broadhead will change the way you hunt!

Just a little bit about my background and why I have changed from the broadheads that have shot with for many years, and why I now use/ recommend the Hypershock Series Broadheads.

I have been hunting for the past 25 years taking down many different species of animals. I have been shooting competitively for the past 20 year, and I am the type of person who has to try everything on the market. I have shot everything from razor backs to Muzzy's (fixed blades), and spitfires to vortex (mechanicals). I can tell you this, the Hypershock Series Broadheads have once again given me the confidence to shoot and hunt with a mechanical broadhead that has surpassed everything that I have ever shot competitively with, or hunted with.

Many of you as I have read are very skepticle about the Hypershock, but here are the reasons that I have changed broadheads and have joined the Prostaff team.

Many of you including myself have had the sickening feeling of taking what we thought was a great shot at a big game animal only to loose it because of a poor blood trail, catapolting or deflecting.

Last year I had the opportunity to hunt deer with Hypershock 125's. My treestand is 25 ft up overlooking a small open field surrounded by woods. I am sitting on numerous trails that criss-cross infront of me. Around 6 pm, a nice buck was heading down the path next to me. The only thing is that he was about 25 yards away and angling (about 45 degrees) from me. Two years ago, I had the same shot opportunity at a big eight point using a mechanical, only to have the arrow deflect (hit a rib) and the broadhead opened the side of the deer, thus wounding a nice buck. I was so discussed, I wasn't sure what I was going to hunt with for a broadhead.

This time however and having shot the hypershock in competitive tournaments, I had the confidence to take that shot. So I did! Because the Hypershock must penetrate the animal first (an inch) before it opens and the cutting diameter of 2 3/4 inches, it took out the lungs and the heart. It did not do a complete pass through only because the Hypershock broke the shoulder on the opposite side. Besides, the deer ran only 60 yards and fell over. This buck dressed out at 220 lbs and was a 7 1/2 year old 6 point. After examining the broadhead, all I had to do is clean it and sharpen the blades. Hitting and then braking the shoulder bone did not damage the furrel and the blades.

The other reason I took this shot was because the Hypershock Series Broadhead has withstood all the punishment that I can dishout (tournaments, leagues and practice), and it will do the same for you. So please review our website and if you have any questions, we will be happy to answer them for you.

I can tell you that this, the Hypershock series broadheads are Superhard and Reliable. If you know anything about various metals, the comments / concern pertaining to this broadhead being of a one piece furrel, let me put your minds at rest. By utilizing a fully machined, billet aerospace alloy that is also type-III anodized, these broadheads are 10 times thicker than standard anodize and harder that stainless steel or carbon steel. The strenght to weight ratio as well as its ability to penetrate with less surface friction is greatly enhanced. Again, we at Aftershock Archery beleive that performance comes first, not cost.

Our Aftershock Team, who are avid hunters and have also field tested many types of broadhead have developed a broadhead that will give you that same confidence. And what I mean by that, the Hypershock Series Broadhead allows you to focus on the hunt, instead of on your equipment (functionality).

Really appreciate all your comments and feedback,

Jerry - Aftershock Prostaff Member.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

No way aluminum is stronger than stainless/carbon steel. It might be harder than regular aluminum.. but harder also means more brittle.

I got my new Cabelas Archery catalog today and noticed these heads in there... $36 for 3 heads... [:@] I think that makes them THE MOST EXPENSIVE head on the market.

Sorry I can't afford to gamble my $$$ on expensive gimmicks.. that have come and gone already more than once.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:11 PM

[quote]aluminum ferrule[/

YES THE BODY AND TIP ARE ALUMINUM. BUT 7075 TYPE 3S HARD COAT THAT IS 65C ON THE HARDNESS TEST. THAT IS VERY HARD IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND 65C.
THAT IS AS HARD AS TOOL STEEL OR SS, AND UNLIKE OTHER BROADHEADS OR RAZOR TIPS THE ENTIRE BODY IS THAT HARD NOT JUST THE TIP.

THIS IS THE ONLY BROADHEAD THAT IS TYPE 3S HARDCOAT ALSO.
THE ONLY OTHER OUTDOOR COMPANY THAT I KNOW OF THAT IS WILLING TO SPEND THE MONEY ON HARDCOAT IS "SUREFIRE" AND THEY HAVE AWESOME PRODUCTS

Rugged construction
SureFire lights are either CNC machined from aerospace grade aluminum or molded from Nitrolon, a proprietary polymer that is non-conductive and extremely corrosion and impact resistant. Available finishes include a Military Specification Type III Hard-Anodized. This finish is so tough that a flashlight coated in it can actually be used to saw through other aluminum flashlights with standard finishes.

www.surefire.com

THAT IS PULLED RIGHT OFF THERE WEB SITE
Old 05-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wolf Dog, You on the pro staff too?

Ragardless of how revolutionary they operate I will stick with my 100% steel slick tricks. Small and compact steel heads that fly as good as any mechanical ever will. I will get a full 1 1/8" four blade cut on both sides of the animal too. I'll, at the very minimum, get this hole on at least one side. Something that the aftershock can't do.

Another question. If the head penetrates an inch before it opens what if you hit an elk in the shoulder. An elk has about an inch of hair and skin covering another two or three inches of muscle covering the shoulder blade then you get to the rib cage. How will these long thin (leading edge to rear, not the .037") blades hold up to the shoulder blade of an elk?
Steel drum: complete penetration of first wall, tip sticking in rear wall. One blade was broken off completely, the other remained intact.
Quoted from 5shots test. The bladed weren't even open going through a thin piece of sheet metal so they should be in perfect condition right?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:28 AM

HuntsmanII:

As I stated on another forum, I'm still waiting for return phone calls. I'm trying to get a sample or two to test this summer on DMPs. I am very excited about the design and don't mean to be skeptical. Many on this and other forums, and especially my customers, rely on independent test results.

I usually have 3-4 different broadheads in my quiver for just the purpose of live animal tests. Last year I tested a broadhead that was touted as 'fantastic' only to find that it was the worst in penetration. I think the Hypershock product design has considerable merit; but, a field test by someone other than a "Prostaff Member".

When would it be appropriate to call the manufacturer again? I'd be glad to pay for the samples. After all, I placed an order at the Kinsey's show; but, if I could get some sooner, I'd appreciate it.

Quick Reply: HYPERSHOCK 125

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.