Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!! >

Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Old 05-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Len,I will certinly need this on my new Darton.
I have the need to adjust perfectly tuned things just so I have a reason to come and visit only to have you straighten it out.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:36 PM

Having been the first to see this project today at Lens shop, I will have to say that I am intruiged. I think Len is really on to something with this one. I don't want to give anything away until he is ready to do so himself but I will say this.

This modification will make tuning the windage on these rests, MUCH easier. As many of you know, the elevation is already pretty much micro adjustable, but the windage is very much trial and error until you get it right.

In addition to this, as Len stated above, it really toughens it up. Len all but swung from this thing today, and it did not budge.

I was already sold on the ZE so this is just the icing on the cake as far as I am concerened.

All I can say to everyone is, stay tuned. This project is in it's early stages, but looks very promising.

Lens mind can be scary sometimes with the pace that it is moving. This just proves that he is an engineer before all other things!

J in GB
Old 05-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Len, I can't believe I got out of the place the other day without seeing it. Shame on me. I should have demanded to see it. I really think I'm going to put one on my SlayR, which by the way has been shortened in drawlength and the cams lined up. Now do I wait for this new and improved version or get one now and upgrade later??

Nice visit for me.

Barry
Old 05-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Len, did I say it's just 100 miles from my home to your shop? OK, it ain't it's 97.5 miles.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that micro-adjustablitly would definitely be a plus for an already awesome rest. I think target archers would probably benefit more than the average hunter. I've never really had a problem tuning the ones I've installed, but obviously it would make it easier to get it exactly where you want. Good job Len, I'm defiintely interested in seeing it.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:27 AM

Barry:

It was nice of you to visit and I really enjoyed sharing some time with you. When I 'went back to work', the assembly of the micro-adjust MZE was on my agenda. I didn't finish it until much later that day. Sorry.

If the micro-adjust is marketed, it probably won't be available for quite a while. Also, who will be doing the manufacturing or marketing has yet to be decided as well. If you want one, go ahead and get it now. The MA MZE will definitely be available as an upgrade if produced; and, the price will not be bad at all.

WV Hunter:

Although many think of micro-adjustability as a 'tournament' thing, this design really enhances the ruggedness of the MZE. J in GB stated "In addition to this, as Len stated above, it really toughens it up. Len all but swung from this thing today, and it did not budge." That really sums it up. You can drop this thing from way up in a tree and would break the rest before moving the hook arm.

BTW, I've also contributed to the efforts/designs of many other manufacturers. Some of my efforts are being used by many of you and you haven't got a clue. Muzzy has been very good about recognizing my efforts for them and is an example of a company that will listen to anyone if they think they have an idea that has merits. Many companies are not structured this way. []