Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!! >

Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Old 05-19-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

I just finished installing a new micro-adustable MZE rest on my personal bow. It seems to works great.

I designed it so that it will easily retrofit any existing MZE. My question is, 'is there any interest in such a product'?????
Old 05-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Len,
Micro adjustable in what respect? .......turnbuckle length, centershot? I guess I'm not picturing how this rest can be micro-adjustable. Turnbuckle length and swingarm position determines launcher height.
Ok spill it what the heck are you talking about.

I have never really found it difficult to set-up for tune anyway. So after installing 8 million of them do you think a micro adjust feature is necessary?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

It sound's like it could be a nice touch to an already proven rest.I'd definetly be interested.I'd like to see the response to Matt's question or maybe you could post a pic Len .

nubo
Old 05-19-2004, 07:16 PM

The MZE has micro adjustability in every aspect but windage. The windage adjustment is presently a slide. I can get it down to .005 increments with this design.

I've talked to a lot of target and 3D shooters who have shied away from using the MZE because it was NOT micro-adjustable. I've also talked to some who thought it was too easily moved on the windage axis. This design solves both those problems as well as control any movement on its shaft axis.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sound's pretty good Len ! Are you planning on producing a few or do you need to work out a deal with muzzy on this ?

nubo
Old 05-19-2004, 08:26 PM

Muzzy has given me raw parts and we have worked together in the past. It is only right that we discuss this at length. I also work with other manufacturers from time to time.

I just want to get a feel on how much demand there will be before we get too much further into this idea. Personally, I like it a lot. It makes a bullet-proof rest almost 'bomb' proof.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well then Len! you can count me in .When you get thing's together HOPEFULLY there's enough demand, let me know via forum .

nubo
Old 05-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

Len I think it's a great idea,it will make that rest just as versital as the "Quicktunes"from NAP that I used to shoot.I really like my Muzzy.You Steve, Dave and some of the old "HIS" forums guys got my attention on this rest as well as some of the guys here.Definately interested.Bill D>
Old 05-20-2004, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found the non-micro adjust easy to use. The Micro adjustments are always nice provided they are solid and easy to use. Personaly I would prefer it so long as the price was not prohibitive. It should make a great rest even better.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Dominant Buck

You can tell it's the off season... Len is building new toys. You would think his hunting buddy would have gotten a prototype for field testing and evaluation. Of couse he'll tell you his hunting buddy hasn't been hunting enough to evaluate the spring thaw..

I don't think it's needed... but when I was buying the Muzzy I more than likely would have opted for a micro adjustable feature. The added cost to the basic Muzzy may give it a very small market to appeal to, but I'm sure many would buy it.

Quick Reply: Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.