Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stealth cam

Old 04-13-2004, 09:06 AM

Default RE: stealth cam

Don't get too excited if you notice a bunch of photos registered on the camera's indicator until they are developed. Half of my last roll were of my father-n-law wearing a ski mask. I brought them to our easter family gathering and they were the hit of the event - especially when I said that not too many deer wandered through but a big jackass sure did. : ) We're going to use the photo in a local newspaper ad for his 60th birthday.

The best part is that he went down to our property twice to pull it off. The first time he couldn't find it so he had to call my wife so he could pinpoint the location and then drove all the way back down there. We're in Minnesota and it was in the 60s that week so must have looked pretty suspicious if anyone saw him!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:10 AM

Also, another good tip my wife thought of. I used to get frustrated when I'd set off the camera if not all the pictures were developed when I wanted to move the camera or take it down. But now i just put my hand over the lens right away and if it goes off before I can disable it, those pictures are black or fuzzy and most photo shops will not develop or charge you for those frames. Cheap, I know, but every little bit helps.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I usually check mine once a week both to determine if it is still there and how many pictures were taken. I always carry an extra roll with me when I head into the woods in case it does need replacing and yet I want to leave the camera in the same location for another week.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't you switch the camera to test mode and move it without taking any pictures? I know you'll probably set one off when you move the lid. Or does the film rewind when you switch it from "test" to "on"?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:34 AM

Chucker, I tell the photo person to only develop the pictures with game animals in it. They give me a dirty look, but that is what I want. They also have a guarentee that they'll buy back any pictures you don't want, even if it is the picture takers fault. I know how expensive it can get.[&:]
Old 04-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

goto hagshouse.com and you will find all the help and info there. do yourself a favor and just browse the posts for upto 2 months ago. a lot of new people taking on building there own and many of the same questions are being asked over and over. guys are very nice and helpful. they will get u up and running. i am no rocket scientist either.