Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

stealth cam

Old 07-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default stealth cam

my uncle has a strealth cam he probably bought at a flea market or something....for some reason he loves going to them and buying stuff and paying someone to sell the junk on ebay...

but its new and sealed in the package..its camo and 35mm and "infrared"...

just wondering if they are good, usable cameras...

also....what should i offer him?? i really dont wanna spend alot of money...just wondering what they would sell for on ebay or whatever and offer him something if its a decint usable camera (most likely gunna wind up stolen around here thats why i dont wanna spend much...but id like to have one...)
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: stealth cam

I din't know they made a infrared 35mm, interesting, however I would'nt pay much for it considering you can get cheap digital for under $100, I would offer $50 just because he is family, but that is up to you, you know him better than anybody.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe I'm wrong but I think the ir is the sensor not the flash. I would guess this is one of the old 'el cheapo stealths. These cameras suck batteries, break often, and just generally don't work very well. I wouldn't buy it, but to just give trail cams a whirl you might want to. wouldn't pay more then $25. They are not worth much!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Yah come to think of it they did advertise that ir sensor alot din't they not the irflash, I used to have one and they are junk, I would'nt pay $50 for it maybe 25 but I would'nt even buy it
Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...i wont bother...im usually not into that kinda stuff anyways...id love to have a ton of cameras out there....but theyd get stolen in a second....and i know the cheap ones are junk and headaches...

the reason im not into stuff like that is i hate to feel disappointed or second guess myself or get my hopes up etc....around here we have super high pressure/poaching/road kills etc etc...if bucks make it passed 2.5 they are super lucky...i just go by good ole scouting and what my buddys say from spotting. i dont even go spotting..i dont wanna see them or know where the monster is etc...just where there might be a good one...my buddies all know that...they dont bowhunt and want me to get the big bucks with my bow so they help alot.."we been seein a nice one in this field you need to take a walk through there.." never tell me how big they are or what bucks im looking for...that would just disappoint me when i dont end up with the giant nontypical in the cornfield by the big oaktree or whatever lol