Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Standing or Sitting ? >

Standing or Sitting ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Standing or Sitting ?

Old 04-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Standing or Sitting ?

I have been bowhunting for two years now, all of my shots are taken standing up.
This year Im going to practice shootng while sitting [ less movement ] now that I have ashort bow. Do you stand or sit while shooting out of your stand?
Old 04-11-2004, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Standing or Sitting ?

I stand because I have better control.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:33 PM

Ive taken all of my shots while standing. If I see or hear a deer coming I juts stand up real slow. Ive never had a deer see me while I was standing up, getting ready for a shot.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I stand most of the time while in the tree. Rarely do I get to sit because of the amount of deer. You will also find you have more shot angles to work with in the standing position. One time in WV I was caught off gard and had to take the shot sitting. I hit it low in the brisket. It was a tough angle.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always prefer to shoot sitting down, so I practice it all year long. Much less movement to deal with. I'm just as comfortable shooting sitting down as standing up, that's why I prefer the wide open front and sides of a lock on style stand.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I see the deer early enough I try to slowly stand and shoot but if it sneeks in on me and I'm forced to shoot while sitting I'm comfortable with it. I practice both ways.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:15 PM

I prefer taking standing shots, but I practice shooting from seated and standing positions from every imaginable angle. If I have time to stand and shoot,great but if I don't I'm stil covered. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE....
Old 04-11-2004, 10:25 PM

I also try to take my shots standing, but sometimes they sneek up on ya- and you have no choice but to shot sitting, I pratice shotting standing and sitting, pratice both ways and you should be all set.....
Old 04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

I like standing better but practice standing, sitting, crouching and leaning around. Sometimes deer come in like ghosts, especially when the ground is wet.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can and do shoot from sitting and standing but I prefer to stand and most of my shots have been standing.

Quick Reply: Standing or Sitting ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.