Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK. some Camo pictures >

OK. some Camo pictures

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK. some Camo pictures

Old 03-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default OK. some Camo pictures

Here is a string of camo pictures. Some are crops, full size crops and some are just resizes. This woods is a lot of big mature trees where you have to hunt to find one your climber will fit. The first pictures I'm in the wad of 3 trees(two jumbo and one small) stuck together)

ASAT 60 yards

ASAT Cropped full size
Old 03-31-2004, 07:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: OK. some Camo pictures

Len in Mossy Oak at about 40 yards

First one is full sized cropped
Second is resized smaller with a solid tree for background

ASAT at 30 with some emerging greenery around...LOOKS BRIGHT

Apparition(and older fading set)

Old 03-31-2004, 08:13 PM

The one in the greenery is the one that caught my attention. The ones in the tree are a lot better. Then again, my eyes are old and human.

We'll have to find out how the deer react.

BTW, when you had those 31 deer walking around you, did any of them spook? I forgot to ask when we were in the woods.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:20 PM

i think you two need your own website to compile all of this fun stuff!

wdyt? Len and David's Excellent Adventures?

be sure to include some good sausage and jerky recipees that you have used for the dozens of deer you kill year after year!
[8D]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ASAT in the green stuff really stands out. I've never seen it look so bad in a picture. It looks closer than 30 yards though. The MO definately blobs up in the pics. Good work guys!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

I was looking for some asat in the shops around my area but couldnt find none. They had
predator camo though about the same thing.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Dominant Buck

When those first 21 deer came up the hill they were in single file and stopped broadside at 40-45 yards. They were all nervous and looking around. I was watching this one big doe up front and shifted as she looked like she was turning right to come nearere. I had to move and peak out around my tree. At the time there couldn't have been any less than half those deer looking in my direction. They stood there on that little knob for 2 or 3 minutes and never saw me and I wasn't totally still. I stretched my 20 foot haul line out and my bow off the ground getting in. The deer were slightly uphill from me. I had deer look right my way and through me but none seemed to worry about me. You know they were all wired pretty tight Len, but they seemed oblivious to me. BUT hey, become the tree Grasshopper. The top pictures is a view to the tree I was in.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

David,

Those pictures of you in the three trees are excellent. I think you blend in or break up beautifully. I think the first one with Len looks pretty good but the second is blown up so close that his outline sticks out like a sore thumb. The ASAT stands out pretty well in front of that greenery probably not so much because of the color but because there is more light patterns in the camo then there is in the background behind it. The faded apparition is the worst of the bunch in my opinion though it may look alot better 20 feet up a tree...

Thank you for the pics guys. They are great.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:49 AM
Dominant Buck

OK,... here's the same picture of Len Zoomed out/resized.

Old 04-01-2004, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks David. My opinion is somewhat changed then. He does still stand out but I believe it is not necessarily because of the camo pattern but rather because of the shadows created in the face, waist and boot areas. This is where, I believe, those leafy and guillie suits really shine. I just picked up a leafy outfit in Advantage Timber. If I have the time on Saturday I will see if I can take some similar photos.

Quick Reply: OK. some Camo pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.