Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ran into Chuck Adams today >

Ran into Chuck Adams today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ran into Chuck Adams today

Old 03-13-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Ran into Chuck Adams today

Seems like a pretty cool guy................met him at a show while he was waiting for his seminar to start.

Great way to make a living
Old 03-13-2004, 03:27 PM

Default RE: Ran into Chuck Adams today

Lucky S.O.B.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cool. He is one professional hunter, along with a small handfull of others, that I would like to meet and do have respect for.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:01 PM

I am going to see him at a seminar on the 20th in cleveland
Old 03-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Saw him something like 20 years ago at a seminar. Was real down to earth guy then. I've read a couple of his books and believe he's the real thing.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:29 AM

I'm sure he is the real thing but also that his check book is way thincker than everyone elses to get him all the record book animals. Yes, you neeed to make the shot, but also, its very important to have the opportunity!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, he is lucky in the sense that his job is basically the same as our favorite hobby. I don't think he just walked into Easton or Hoyt's offices and said "I love to hunt, wanna sponsor me?" He has written a lot, and is a good writer. He has a gift for self-promotion, but also has to work at it to keep that wallet fatter than the rest of us. If he can go to show after show to keep the $ part of his job going, and can take the time to talk with people before a seminar, it says something positive about his nature. I used to be jealous over the amount of time the man gets to hunt, but I've given that up. After all, hunting is a big part, but not all, of his job. Glad you got to meet him, Atlasman.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

Let's also give Mr. Adams credit,sure if we had sponsors and alot of money we could hunt more and all over the country,But how many of us would be able to find and get close enough to harvest that many trophy caliber and world record class animals.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

dvdegeorge,

Don't get me wrong on this one. Chuck Adams has been a long time idol while I was growing up. But with his sponsorships and money coming in he has people all over wanting him to be the one to take the trophy's off their places and promote the hunts. In short a tremdous hunter with the finances to look for them trophy's. I just like his ethics more than anything else. We need more like him out there in the bowhunting world.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I encourage everyone to read his book life a full draw. You will find out that Chuch had to go to a banker to borrow money to complete his super slam. Hoyt or Easton did not pay for any of his hunts before he completed the super slam.

Quick Reply: Ran into Chuck Adams today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.