Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Practice Sessions >

Practice Sessions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Practice Sessions

Old 03-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Practice Sessions

On the average how many arrows do you shoot during any given practice session?
Myself I shoot 45-50 twice a week this time of year, 3-4 times a week two months prior
to the opener.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Practice Sessions

I shoot every day.

Depending on how I am doing it can range from 1 to 40 shots.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Right now, I shoot about twice a week. Yesterday I shot 120 arrows. 4 flights of 30. Not all at the same time but with a couple hours between each flight. I make it a practice to always shoot at least 30 arrows. I really enjoy shooting so this isn't a problem for me. As spring gets along and summer comes I'll shoot more.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:42 PM

I usually start shooting again in june and i will shoot maybe twice a week. As the time nears to the season (Aug 25 th) i will shoot everyday if possible. How much i shoot in one day really depends on how i'm feeling and how much time i have. I like to shoot for an hour at a time but if i feel i am not shooting great because i'm tired or whatever i leave. I like to shoot when i'm well rested and feeling confident. Because if i'm not feeling well and shooting bad then i start to wonder about my pins and want to start tinkering with them,,,,when in fact my pins are dead on its just i am havin a bad day. Everyone has their own little tricks and ritual but this is mine and it seems to work for me.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Once I get more arrows I plan to shoot everyday or at least every other day. How many times I shoot a day is pretty simple: shoot until i am too tired to pull back bow. Not sure if that is good or bad but i that is how i do it.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:55 PM

I try and shoot every day. Numbers depend on how im feeling. Sometimes its 2, sometimes its 40 or 50. But, right now its mostly form shooting. Once season gets close i shoot strictly broadheads and try some distance and awkward situation shooting, but still focus on form.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:55 PM

30+ arrows every day.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unless I am setting up a new bow, I rarely shoot more than 20 arrows at a time. I have a different perspective than a lot of you. I don't really shoot my bow for fun, but rather to get proficient enough to hunt with it. Once I am there, I shoot only to maintain that level.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:04 PM

Several times a week once the good weather comes in. I used to shoot everyday in good weather, but then we moved to the "city" and well you know how neighbors react to such barbarienism day in and day out. I'm training them though so maybe I'll shoot more this year. I own all of a double lot so to shoot at 30 yards I'm on the yard side of the sidewalk and to shoot 35 I'm standing at the curb. Did have an officer stop once, but he was a hunter so he made like he was telling me to stop and I moved in to 20 for the rest of my practice. Sometimes I would only shoot 4 arrows in the morning. Retrieve them when I got home and shoot four more before going in to supper. That's sometimes better than shooting a whole bunch. Other times I'd shoot until my groups started to expand then quit before they got bad. Enjoy, Juniorpc.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:04 PM

anywhere from 1-40 everyday if possible.

Quick Reply: Practice Sessions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.