Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rate your local Proshop >

Rate your local Proshop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rate your local Proshop

Old 02-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rate your local Proshop

I just want to see what you guys think about your local proshop.
I gsetting the run around from mine right trying to get them to order a aperture from HHA right now and I've been waiting for a month and still haven't got any satisfaction yet, they always have an excuse. Toadays was that the owners wife, who does all of the ordering was up all night with her dog having puppies. The thing that kills me is that I'm a Revenue Agent for West Virginia and everytime that I go in there they're bitching about the economy and business being down and I've been trying for a month to spend $150.00 in there and can't get them to do thier part.
That being said I give my proshop a C-. And if it wasn't for the prices that I get it would be lower than that.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Rate your local Proshop

B+ They don't have a very large inventory. Good advice though.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:24 AM

The shop I deal with in central pa is great. The 2 guys that run the place will do anything for you. On a scale of 1-10 I give them a 10.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:28 AM

They can assemble assessories, not much else. They try to give advice, but usually it makes no sense or goes against everything else you read.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in the apparent heart of bowhunting country with about 8 pro-shops within a 40 minute radius......and Cabelas. Of all those, there are only a couple that I'd give an A rating in terms of their service. Sometimes you'll go into a shop and get the feeling that the questions you have are causing more of a disruption in their routine than you're worth. Other are more than happy to talk to you but just can't seem to find time to fletch your particular arrows. And then there are those shops that think they are god's gift to archery. The atmosphere makes you feel like you're getting ready to tee off at a crowded country club on Sunday morning.

The good ones are the shops that open their doors for you even though you've shown up 15 minutes prior to their posted hours. Only a couple around here that do that and maintain professional service to boot. Two get A's!

Fritz
Old 02-24-2004, 11:44 AM

A+ I use Pigeon Road in Stephenville Texas
Old 02-24-2004, 11:52 AM

I have an old friend of mine that has his own little shop. He has actively been involved with archery and related products for over 50 years. He gives me great prices, free info on a whim and if I wanted to, I could borrow any bow he has to use.

A++++++++
Old 02-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no LOCAL proshop!Nearest one is about 50 miles[&o]
Old 02-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 local to me.

1 carries about 3 Browning bows, some arrows and broadheads. Lots of guns. They don't know or care much about archery.

The other shop carries plenty of archery stuff. Unfortunately I have to agree with DC exactly...

They can assemble assessories, not much else. They try to give advice, but usually it makes no sense or goes against everything else you read.

DC, I feel your pain. They didn't even know what a Muzzy Zero Effect was when I asked about a year and a half ago. He said "yeah...we have broadheads"

I envy you guys that have shops with a "pro".
Although maybe it is a good thing that we don't. It forced me to learn how to do everything myself for the last 10 years.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Since I work at one of the local shops I will give that one an A....

Two of the others I have very good experiences with so they would get "As" as well. The others well....we will just leave it at that.

Quick Reply: Rate your local Proshop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.