Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rate your local Proshop >

Rate your local Proshop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rate your local Proshop

Old 02-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rate your local Proshop

I'd rate my pro-shop and A+. It's me. I have never had any work done ina shop. Learned from doing it myself. I have the knowledge, the resources to get what I need, and I never have to argue about the advice I get. And I know if my bow ain't right who to blame.

Oh, I should say that there are a couple of shops close by. Kinsey's and Baker's that are pretty darn good. There's even a couple fellows at Gander Mountain that know their stuff.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:01 AM

A+ across the board for Len's shop Macrotech.

This man is a plethera of knowledge. Not just archery and bowhunting either.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:14 AM

I don't love our local pro-shops, but I do like Wal-Mart.....ours supplies a lot of hunting equipment and accessories at good cheap prices.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'll let you know in a month or so - after I get my new bow and have them set it up (never used this shop before - so far i'll give them an A).

there are many shops (10 or more) within an hr. of my home. so far I have dealt with 2 of them - my 1st was not a great experience (C-) because they really didn't set my bow up right, I think because I wasn't important enough because I didn't buy a new bow

the second shop (B) I was at this past year looking for some stuff and had them tune my bow, I think they did an ok job and were pretty easy to work with and let me use their range

my last experience is with a friend that helped me get started (A+++), he re-did my bow set up after the first bow shop screwed it up, taught me how to shot properly, answers my questions/helps me with problems, and makes my arrows for me - the only downside is that he is hard guy to get ahold of - oh well, I'll deal with that for what he's done for me
Old 02-25-2004, 09:34 AM

Hey BGfisher Baker's used to be my shop until I moved. I grew up in the Halifax area and Baker's always took real good care of me. I would also definitly Give them an "A". When old man Baker was alive he was a little intimidating when you first met him but he warmed up to you soon enough. But his son is a very nice guy and runs a great business. I make sure to stop by any time I get home to visit my parents. Do you remember the little shop they had across the street before the nice modern shop was built? What a place anytime of the day you went in there you couldn't move. It's amazing all of the stuff they had cramed in that place.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

My town has only two in it. The one where i bought my bow isn't that bad of a place but it doesn't sell very much items. The place i go to now, althought is much smaller then the other one, sells ALOT more items and the owners, which is family-run, are very helpful and nice. The only bummer part of it is the price is little more expensive (the bow i bought at other place was $50 cheaper) But on a scale to 1-10 I give the better one an 8.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My local pro shop is a 140-mile round trip drive. I give them a A+. The pro will not let you buy a bow unless you have shot it and every other bow on the rack that will fit you. He wants you to be happy with your purchase. He does not try to sell you anything you do not want or need.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another A for Len in Md. Don't get by to see him as nearly as much as I would like but that will change.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just want to say that you guys with a shop like Len's close by don't even know how lucky you are!!!! There isn't an A+++ shop within 250 miles of me and I only live 90 miles from Memphis[:'(]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

My favorite shop in Central Illinois is Two Bears Custom Archery in Springfield.

They have about everything you need and are customer friendly. Outstanding shooting range too!

Quick Reply: Rate your local Proshop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.