Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow Pics

Old 02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Bow Pics

Very nice bow - and a fast one! One word of caution.....make sure you unscrew the two module screws on the cam and thread lock them. I had a close call this weekend at a shoot with my Pat that would have caused some major damage. My screws came loose! It drove me as crazy as it sounds too..........

Fritz
Old 02-23-2004, 10:37 AM

Thats the most awsome Mathews I have ever seen[:-]
Old 02-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet bow mike,mine should be in about a week now,the countdown is on.Im getting the copperjohn dead nuts as well but would like to know where to purshase the afterburner light.What about the deer seeing it in the early morn or evening?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

That afterburner light looks incredible in that pic. Is there some logic as to the deer not seeing the large lit-up area as opposed to just lighting the sight pin though?

Well, I've been told that blue is a spectrum that deer can't see. Either that or possibly the blue light doesn't spook them. I prefer a light setup like on the Cobra Electra Slide, but sometimes it it too bright on the pin. Also, 95% of the light is captured within the scope itself, very little goes around the aperature. Plus the other cool thing is that it lights the level as well.

Sweet bow mike,mine should be in about a week now,the countdown is on.Im getting the copperjohn dead nuts as well but would like to know where to purshase the afterburner light.What about the deer seeing it in the early morn or evening?
Thanks, extreme. So far I like the bow a lot. I bought my Copper John and the afterburner light HERE. I bought the 5 pin Mossy Oak camo version and after shipping and all it was a tad under $100. I think I'm really going to like this sight.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:49 PM

Sweet looking bow. Congrats and good shooting.