Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Moultrie feeders >

Moultrie feeders

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moultrie feeders

Old 02-12-2002, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Moultrie feeders

I just bought 2 Moultrie deer feeder for $15 each. Wallmart was blowing out there hunting stuff. Has anyone ever used this? It is the type you put on the bottom of a bucket and it uses a photo eye to turn it on twice a day for a set time. I am curious if it spins while hanging from a tree when it turns on.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Moultrie feeders

Hey BigMills.Concerning the Moultrie:yep that's what it does.Sounds like you got the photo-cell timer unit and funnel set-up.they sell them already mounted on a bucket or you can buy the timer unit and funnel w/spinner plate only and mount it on your own container.For that price,you didn't mess up..cheap!
I'm not a big fan of the timers that work on a photo-cell myself.I prefer the timers that I can preprogram to go off at the time and duration of my choosing.A photo-cell activates with a change in ambient light source(just like the 'ol street light in the back yard).It will activate the feeder at /near daylight in the morning and then again at/near dusk.
I've found that this is not always the best times,so that is why I like the programmable timers.
Anyway,for what you paid,you still came out ok in my book.
If later you decide to try a programmable type feeder unit,take a look at ON TIME brand feeders.I use them,and really like them.They make several types and sizes,in various price ranges.They are super simple,durable,and have a life-time warranty.
Best of luck my friend,and good huntin' to ya!
Later...whackman
Old 02-12-2002, 06:50 PM

Default RE: Moultrie feeders

BM20: you got a good deal.
use a 30 trash can and you can put 100 lbs. of corn in it and it will run for one mo.
less time in the area thus less sent.
get you a boat wench and a pully and it is easy to pull 100 lbs. up.
you will have to put a long rod through the top of the can so it will not collapse.
my buddies and myslef have ten of them and they work OK.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.