Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Serious responses only please... >

Serious responses only please...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Serious responses only please...

Old 02-17-2004, 09:04 PM

Default Serious responses only please...

In a debate with a friend over which is inherently better, Hoyt or Bowtech. If any of you have experience with both, please submit your honest opinion and why, with facts, please.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Serious responses only please...

As to which is better well that would depend on who's hands the bows are in.

Both bow companies make great bows just the same as every other bow company out there.

But the main thing is which bow fits you and no one but yourself can answer that question.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:21 PM

Answer Chevy vs Ford and you will be on track

Better at what?
Old 02-18-2004, 05:58 AM

Better at what? No company is better at everything. Some have better tolerances, others have better service. Some make a faster bow, others a more quiet one. Still others have less vibration or hand shock, while another is more durable. Some have better finishes and nicer camo patterns, some have straighter nock travel, while still others make lighter, or more balanced bows. I could go on and on..... better at what?
Old 02-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

captain backstrap,

Explain what you plan to do with the bow and what's important to you and you'll get more analytical answers. IE: Hunt, 3-D, spot, a combo of these?

Fritz
Old 02-18-2004, 06:37 AM

Everybody's different. You may shoot a Hoyt like a pro, and shoot a Bowtech like a junkie, but on the other hand you might like the looks of one bow over another. I say they are both good brands.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is too subjective of a question to get a concrete answer. Everyone thinks their bow is the best bow. ANd in most cases, it is the best bow for them. All of the top bow manufacturers make quality products, it all really boils down to which one fits your wants and needs. There is no reason anybody can't find the bow that fits what they are looking for. That's why I'm having such a hard time deciding on mine right now, they are all good bows each with their own plusses and minuses.

My findings between the two that you have mentioned are as follows:

The Bowtech is faster but at the expense of a slightly harsher draw cycle and maybe just a tad bit more noise.

The Hoyt is slower, a little smoother and a tad quieter.

I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I am afraid that I might be accused of being on the Bowtech payroll for answering the following question but, I will attempt it anyway.

I like both bows. I currently shoot a Bowtech but I used to shoot Hoyt and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one now. I like the feel of the hoyts and I actually like the tech riser design(I know some people don't). One of the main reasons I switched is because of the Infinity cam. The Bowtech was the first bow that I could get absolutely right on the money to my draw length. Other bows just never were quite right. I switched over to Bowtech and it has just seemed like they have listened to what their customers have to say and they seem to be building bows to suit my needs. I persoanlly wanted to go with a shorter bow but I never could until the Patriot. The reason is because I shoot so high in the sight picture that my sights were diasappering behind the riser (no matter what I did) because they were up so high. Then the Patriot came along with it's parrallel limbs and it's full length riser and for the first time I was able to shoot a shorter bow (which I prefer for hunting). Also, I like the speed and shootability of the bows. In short the bows are just a natural fit for me. The more comofrtable I am, the more confident I am, and the better I shoot.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with Mike. The limb pockets on the Hoyt make it an extremely quiet bow. My dad's Havoc shoots alot quieter then my pro 38. The hoyt also seems to have a smoother draw cycle. However on the other hand the Bowtech is a faster bow and personaly I don't mind the draw cycle at all. It is also relatively quiet yet not on par with the hoyts I have shot. As far as one being more accurate then the other and easier to keep in tune, that depends more on the cam selection rather then the manufacturer. I have shot a single cam hoyt that was easier to keep tuned then my dual cam bowtech but that is because single cams require less tuning then dual cams (keeping both cams in time etc...) However I prefer dual cams due to the fact that they create more speed and have a smoother draw cycle. That is why I ended up going with a dual cam bowtech. I get the speed and accuracy that is known of bowtechs but I also get the smooth cycle. I hope you can find some info here that will help with what you are looking for.

Eric
Old 02-18-2004, 10:34 AM

Hoyt has been making bows since 1931
Bowtech has been making bows for what, 5 years?

Quick Reply: Serious responses only please...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.